Invincible the Amazon Prime show

Even if you’ve never read the comic, if you are a fan of shows like “the boys” highly recommend that you check out the new Amazon Prime show “Invincible” fair warning there is a scene of surprisingly brutal murder in the first episode

1 Like

lol it gets so much worse later. I have a feeling itll be like The Boys though where they chicken out and its not a direct adaptation. Ennis is unadaptable though.

But Wth are all these raceswaps? Really what is the point of raceswapping animated characters?

2 Likes

Meh…if the race isn’t a core component of the character who cares?

Does a DNA stealing plotline count?

Not well versed enough in the source material to say. Generally I’d say no?

1 Like

Fair. Still bizarre.

I don’t feel like turning Amber into a token black woke character actually added anything to her purpose in the plot lol

But I don’t know where the rest of this is going. They got rid of the plot twist with the guardians and the guardians were actually able to put dad in the hospital.

Seems like a Boys situation already

Well honestly I was a marvel fanboy growing up so again I don’t really have the frame of reference. What I can say is that personally when it comes to racial castings, if it’s not a plot or character development point then it’s not a big deal.
Look at Michael Clarke Duncan in Kevin Smith’s Daredevil (granted terrible movie but the example is sound) he had the acting credibility and physicality at the time to be perfect for the role and it doesn’t affect the character. Idris Alba as Heimdall was fine. Now if you try to cast Denzel Washington as George Washington or Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm (with Kate Mara as Sue Storm)…yeah that doesn’t work so well

Cartoon version of the boys? I’m in

1 Like

Samuel L Jackson’s Nick Fury!

With animated stuff though there’s no physicality and some of the voice actors aren’t great.

Ehh its more like Justice League with fatalities. The Boys is a middle finger to superheroes, Invincible is very much still a superhero show and retains the optimism.

Just the low stakes fights are low stakes, whereas high stakes are high stakes & they try to put eachother down quickly (usually when out of sight of the public) and the gore’s there to reflect that.

I don’t count that because Marvel Ultimate universe literally changed Nick Fury into Samuel L. Jackson…like literally Disney treatment Sam in print. Which was cool in its own right and translated…they retconned the character in a new universe first…actually when you break it down its some Art imitating life imitating art type shit but anything was better than David Hasselhoff

1 Like

Just watched the first three episodes holy fuck this show is good

1 Like

That first episode though…

Jesus I didn’t expect that

1 Like

Alright this is going to be a Boys situation where it just becomes a completely different story. And I guess the author didnt care for the original ending because vultrumites are weak as hell now and they doubled down on all the crappy spider man high school teen drama crap no one cared about.

Way more woke than the comic and a bunch of nonsensical changes, there’s like two characters with their arcs still intact. Whoever decided to make Invincible get his ass handed to him in every single fight already killed the pacing of the show. He’s just jobbing to cyborgs now instead of accidentally killing people.
The only hook was dad killing the guardians (this was originally supposed to be a mystery to the audience who killed them which was the whole point of the detective demon) and everything else is crap. Will resume for season finale which will just be mark vs dad and shouldve happened an episode ago but they added all this bloated woke teen drama.

Thank you seth rogen

1 Like

Last few episodes have been meh

I can’t take a other episode of “Wow Amber you’re so intelligent, progressive, well travelled, and browned skinned!”

I’ll check in after the high school arc when its cancelled before it gets interesting because the pacing is terrible.

New episode was better.

This “get out of my house” soap opera dialogue as a response to nolan slaughtering the guardians :|

I skipped all the added drama but someone tell me why nolan is like boo hoo hoo trust me bae plz understand my global conquest. He dropped his wife and left to another planet and picked up an alien bug wife to keep multiplying in the comic, he didnt care about his earth wife whatsoever nor did he tell her anything lol
They nerfed Nolan into the ground though. Cecil vs Nolan. Cyborgs vs Nolan.
I mean the orbital laser shouldve killed him right there if the guardians put him in the hospital.

Whatever atleast we got Robot without them changing his entire story.