Jobs and Life

Yep

I do hope you make it though and complete your goals!

1 Like

Another native texan here. 24 yrs old and I hate sharing circles, which is why I made sure everyone else responded before I did due to my CRIPPLING ANXIETY.
Jk i’ve worked past it since college, but nothing intimidates me except public speeches.

I’m the only sister in a family of three brothers and my half brother introduced me to AvP at like age 10 actually thus I ended up here. I spend a lot of time talking trash in video games, but it’s a facade i’m actually pretty pleasant. I just hate small talk and i’m no good at it. Does not come easily to me at all.
I’ve been working as a occupational therapist for about two years now, decided on working with the 2 yr old age group rather than the elderly because COVID. That and plenty of kids with autism and other developmental delays don’t talk so we get along well xd. Easy peasy job with some minor healthcare teamwork involved. The paperwork sucks however I enjoy seeing people improve. Prior to helping kids I worked with adults & daily living skills, difference is night and day but still the same degree. Lots to do. Considered veterinary school specializing in exotic animals, but not sure if it’s worth the time and money and i’m very content where i’m at at the moment.
I’ve vacationed in Iceland, Japan, Australia, Belize, and a couple more outside the country that i’m forgetting. I don’t spend a lot of money outside games and travelling. Parties suck, socializing is boring.

Oh yeah i’m picking up a german shepard puppy next weekend if anyone’s got puppy tips. I have a 3 yr old dog but first time puppy owner.

4 Likes

Never expected that, but really nice! As for puppies they are a lot of work and have to work with them constantly. Puppy pads if it’ll be an inside dog will be best friend, vet checkups, definitely need a lot of toys and stuff to chew on to keep from chewing up furniture, to help with teething I personally used harder toys with a little give and those brush stick treats to help. Training while they are young will stick with them better but they do get distracted easily. Make sure to give your German Shepherd puppy a lot of attention because they are very needy

3 Likes

Yeah, always have treats and toys on hand to redirect. Consistency is the most important thing, it’s how they learn. It usually goes pup is very eager to please for the first few months, then stubborn and obstinate for a while until back to obedience. Gonna have lots of energy so need daily exercise.

2 Likes

Already picked up puppy pads, dental treats, flea combs, brushes, a little leash + harness , puppy food and a million dog toys

Puppy vaccinations are next week, she’ll be 8 weeks old leaving mother

1 Like

Oh, another thing German Shepherds are very needy, but extremely loyal and protective and they have boundless energy. Wanna least spend 2 hours a day outside with them get them tuckered out. Mine was full grown, but about the only way I could get her to calm down some. They need big space to play and it’s good you have another dog because they are extremely social and if you are at work they need company or will freak out. They are also extremely smart and mine was a genius escape artist out of kennels, the house, even cars strangely

1 Like

Submit a post to the sharing circle @Fire

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

Now I just need to make sure they’re not a bad influence on eachother destroying the house while i’m away lol. Probably taking a week off to make sure she does well in the new environment. My 3 year old kelpie mix doesn’t touch furniture but ive got a nice yard for them to roam.

2 Likes

Be interesting if @Courier and @OldKingHamlet joined in my wholesome thread 😝

1 Like

That’s a good thing they definitely need it

@Courier is probably too busy keeping Fantasma off the forums. Gotta be a full time job at this point

We have a meme for that lol

I know, I made it lol

1 Like

I need that wholesome meme XD

5 Likes

Yessssss thanks!

1 Like

So far I am the Elder Predator in this group!

I’m 34

Derpy Predator roar impersonation

@Finessology

Make sure you take the puppies poop and pee smells where you actually want them to go

Also make sure to get it’s shots

They are extremely vulnerable to parvovirus which is found in dog poop

I made the mistake of not doing it once and lost my last dog to it

2 Likes

Didn’t list my age. I’m older but too gentlemanly to tell
😁

1 Like

You tell lies usurper!

I AM THE ELDER!! 🤪

That would make you the ancient

This is a nice topic but I don’t want to share that kind of info here especially when you have a guy that seems to be psychotic that loves to stalk people (fucker took my meme and perverted it 😥). If you ever want to know though I’m more than willing to talk in a party while playing though.

1 Like