Katana bleed overwrite

If i’m right the light attack from the katana adds a bleed effect that does 1 damage per tick, the heavy attack does 3 damage per tick, i haven’t checked for how long both of these effects are up, but if i would start with a heavy attack, then instantly a light attack, would the damage over time from the heavy attack be overwritten by the light attack?
Has anyone checked this?

2 Likes

From testing with, @SammyToeJr both are applied.

5 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes how ever form our testing the Bleed is only 15 damage and it does stack but it always lasts right around 3 seconds

2 Likes

Katana damage numbers
No fearless
R2 = 41 w/ bleed
R2,R2 = 72 w/ bleed
R2,R2,R2 = 128 w/ bleed
L2 = 50 w/ bleed
L2, L2 = 112 w/ bleed
L2 R2 R2 = 122 w/0 bleed
L2 R2 R2 L2 =172 w/0 bleed
a 5+ hit combo does more than 200 damage

Fearless
R2 = 43 w/ bleed
R2,R2 = 78 w/ bleed
R2,R2,R2 = 135 w/ bleed
L2 = 54 w/ bleed
L2, L2 = 111 w/ bleed
L2 R2 R2 =132 w/0 bleed
L2 R2 R2 L2 =186 w/0 bleed
a 5+ hit combo does does more than 200 damage

bleed does 10-15 damage seemingly regardless of perks and stacks on itself it takes 3-9 seconds for the bleed to complete
in case anyone is curious

Sammytoe claims this

which albeit could be true perhaps I just wasn’t paying as much attention to bleed as i thought i was

16 Likes

Thanks man, appreciate the knowledge.

1 Like

Damn how long it take to find all this out 😂🤷‍♂️

1 Like

like 20minutes

4 Likes

It seems like a few damn hours 🤣

1 Like

We work hard yo!

1 Like

Thank you @KameofWar AND all those involved for sharing these numbers 👍

2 Likes

Thank you

So the four hit combo with Fearless is basically a guaranteed down on any class with the bleed? The most health any FT member can have is 190 (Support with Thick Skin) and the bleed with a four hit combo does at least 196 damage (186 from the melee attacks + 10 from the bleed). You’re also saying that it stacks, so does that mean you can have four bleed effects active at once?

1 Like

If the bleed can do up to 15 dmg then the L2, R2, R2, L2 combo you may not even need Fearless to down anyone or close enough to it, lol. If it does 172 without that’s 182-187 with. You still can hit again for a five hit even if you’ve murdered your stamina at that point.

Have you done this for the Combistick or any other weapon?

It’s good to see numbers.

I’ve thought the Katana was OP from the beginning.

@KameofWar is what many like to call a FUCKIN NERD

and a weeb

1 Like

Lmfaoaooao

I still think it sucks and have never seen anyone get hit enough times to apply that many bleed stacks tbh since being within melee range sucks. Parry central & the swings themselves don’t do impressive damage. Elder sword is more of a heavy hitter. At most they get maybe 2 hits in before they have to disengage and then im like “oh no I am bleeding for 6 damage what a gamechanger.”

i did say the bleed was 15 tho… Sigh