Laptop is overheating since patch 2.33

I’ve noticed that from the Patch 2.33 my laptop is a way hotter when I’m playing on epic quality - so I have to play on lower options now. Do you have the same problem? Before it was everything great and I’ve never noticed that kind of problem in any game!

1 Like

What are your system specifications for this game?

Operating system:?
Name of the laptop/Brand and series?
CPU and memory?
RAM:?
VIDEO CARD and type of video chipset:?

Drivers installed for the machine to easily see these?
(Do a DXdiag on the Run executable)

Be more specific folks, thanks.

1 Like

System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 81SX
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~2592 Mhz (Intel® Core ™ i7-9750HF CPU @2.60 GHz (12 CPUs), ~ 2,6GHz
Total Physical Memory: 32 688 MB
DirectX: DirectX 12
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
VRAM 5991 MB
Drivers: nvldumdx.dll,nvldumdx.dll,nvldumdx.dll,nvldumdx.dll
version: 27.21.14.5749
Model: WDDM 2.7

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Very good, the tech and quality assurance team will have more detail. Wasn’t too hard… 👍

2 Likes

You probably need to get u a different laptop with a higher graphics card or just lower your settings on the game

That’s what I did, changed the settings from epic to low. My problem is that this started directly with patch 2.33

Did u close every app? And how much ram does your laptop has?

Yes, everything is always closed. I have 32 Gb RAM

You could just… not be on epic

Did u lower everything from your settings correct?

Yes, now I have to play like this. That’s why it is si strange for me, cause before patch it was fine.

It would be because of this overheating that would be causing the crashes Error CE-34878-0 on PS4, huh @Kassinaillia ???

1 Like

I waited 2 years for this bug to get fixed and still nothing. Low settings and in the main menu game sounds like a deamn jet engine. I am using pc GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card Intel® Core™ i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz64-bit operating system, x64-based processor RAM 32.0 GB Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 all up to date.

Uninstall. That’s the fix.

I uninstalled all files in case of game corrupted files and after redownloading on low settings in main menu, gpu usage was 60 with 80°C and on medium around 80 with 120°C with no programs outside the game itself running. I had no issues before patch 2.33 game is unplayible for me until this is fixed.

Something on your end.
I run it on a laptop i7 10750H, RTX 2060, 16Gb RAM, on cinematic settings, with 70/80 FPS stable (depending on the map) and no overheating what so ever.

Did some changes back on my end game works on fullscreen 60 with 80°C high, windowed 60 with 80°C high overheat, and fullscreen windowed above 80 with120°C. Can someone test fullscreen windowed high on their end.

60 with 80°C and 80 with120°C is gpu usage resolution 1920x1080 settings with high at 90 fps.