Lawsuit FFS

I can’t believe my eyes are seeing this word again… this going to ruin our game like it did Friday the 13th? ever since I have seen predator in Fortnite I knew there would be trouble afterwards.

Last week called it wants it’s post back 😁

4 Likes

Don’t make new posts about this, learn to use the search function, it’s not affecting the game.

It’s not going to effect the game

Just sit back and enjoy this, the game will carry on like normal!

Untrue. Per the Thomas Brother’s own legal complaint filed on April 15th:

Under the termination provisions, prior “derivative works” “can continue to be” distributed as before. 17 U.S.C. § 203(b)(1). Plaintiffs’ recovery of the U.S. copyright to their Screenplay therefore does not prevent Defendants (Disney) or their licensees from continuing to exploit prior derivative works, including the original Predator film and TCFFC’s five sequel films.

T his means all of the pre-existing Predator works including the original 1987 film will still belong to Disney.

Anything NEW of Predator would be under the copyright ownership of the Thomas Brothers (if they win). And it’s very possible that new Hunting Grounds DLC for Sale constitutes as new.

It can’t be used or viewed on its own (like a book or a film), so there for it would be part of the original product. Look below. They are technically exploiting prior derivative works.