Let's talk about the game modifier called "CLOAK MODE"

Okay well im not sure if most of u are familiar with it… you probably seen it when doing modified private game modes with friends n stuff…

Well i was testing it today on my stream and it seems like the specific cloak mode called DISTANCE is working flawlessly and better than the DEFAULT HYBRID CLOAK MODE

The only mana with both cloak modes in terms of how they perform is they all mostly are giving away your exact position to the AI when they are haunting you… altho once u lose SIGHT with the DISTANCE mode turned on, the AI can’t find you anymore.

Also apparently with the distance mode you can use sound decoys to get off the heat from you and make them think you are somewhere else but the AI is just not properly configured to like spread out and search… but they instead after the SOUND DECOY is over they go back to you once you make any sort of noise… and yes clicking also gives you away lol

But im not sure how illfonic made the cloak mode for public online matches, its probably the HYBRID version which does not work well against AI in terms of noise n stuff.

Anyways do what you want with this information cause like to me it seems like HYBRID mode needs to work much better lol than distance or velocity.

Both modes have an issue with an AI sniper who does not lose sight of you unless u go behind the buildings or behind the rocks n stuff.

So overall cloak & audio need fixing in terms of how it sounds for the AI and Players.

I would say the clicking needs to echo more and not give exact position for the AI
and for the players i think it needs to like sound better and not so directional, so lets say indirectional clicking needs to be added lol.

So with my tests what i have done it seems like DISTANCE seems to work the best.

in the picture this is how close u can get without being spotted up front when the AI is looking directly at you.

But behind you can pretty much camp at his back and he won’t notice you.

There are few bugs here and there with how sound gives away your exact position all the time unless u manage to lose sight of them all and make them not haunt you anymore.

UPDATE: apparently the best looking cloak well not so best cloak is the HYBRID in terms for fireteam experience, but in terms for what’s the best against the AI… it would be the DISTANCE one… for some reason

4 Likes

@Thunder-Cats

Damn both a Bug Report and Feedback post
A 2 for 1 special

1 Like

more like a 3 in one XD

im hitting all these categories EZ clap

Let’s talk

1 Like

True

My personal fav mode is distance one tho… i still need to test it with a person lmao as it seems to work like good against AI… but im not sure how it works with players… like visual wise

You PC or Playstation?

PC

I don’t have an epic account

its free to make but im unsure how the cross play works lol

Same

u can test the distance cloak mode by ur self too tho, if ur into killing ai n stuff one by one then it will work very nicely

Hit me up if you need a hand testing anything mate

1 Like

UPDATE: apparently the best looking cloak well not so best cloak is the HYBRID in terms for fireteam experience , but in terms for what’s the best against the AI… it would be the DISTANCE one… for some reason

test it with @Arnie.schwarzewigger he will be uploading the video hopefully… ill be sending it here

Conclusion: the cloak textures are still messed up, the invisibility distance got nerfed back to being 60 meters best thing would be for illfonic to fix up the cloak textures to look transparent and not so fucked colors.

this pic is from using the HYBRID

1 Like

The video shows just how messed up it really is , it will be done tomorrow 👍🏻 . For some reason at points you were blue or red , but you weren’t really close to anything that colour

1 Like

So distance is the best for FT?

And Hybrid is the worse for FT?

Apperently so lmao… its like umm idk how to explain how AI works… like AI is programmed to not see you at all when cloaked and u didnt startle them and make them haunt you…

But once u do u need to like get rid of their sight on you before u can like properly stealth kill again… but with either velocity or distance i was able to properly stealth kill n shit.

But hybrid one is weird one actually its like its missing something… the velocity on it is giving it away i think… like idk but its like with hybrid one u cant get closer to them without being spotted lol

1 Like

Its like the AI does not rely on like vision like real players do n stuff… like real humans who play fireteam rely on like seeing whole branch moving, cloak in distance n stuff…

But AI seems to be blind and it only like follows the sound the predator makes… and when you are haunted you really cant get rid of them even if u slow walk n shit its impossible even with all cloak modes i tested.

But when ur like not made ur fine to do what ever lol… ur able to get like 5 to 10 meters infront of them easily… but hybrid one seems to be broken?

1 Like

But what about FT?

That’s my big concern, most A.I die to FT anyways

AI is built differently to like not notice predator if they have no clue where he is… but if u get in very close proximity like face area of them they will see you and alert the others + after that the AI who u alerted wont stop chasing u until u lose sight completely.