Level 150 matchmaking

Threw this up in two separate threads, figured I’d make one up specifically for the idea.

I dunno how match making works but let’s face it if you’re level 150 your familiar with the game and it can get kinda stale. One of the things I’ve always found as an imbalance is the fact that FT has 2 win conditions (Exfil, Kill Pred) and pred only has one path to victory (kill 4-7 FT) so in essence the pred is handicapped from the start.

I suggest we change that. Adjust matchmaking to prioritize 150 players together and generate all or nothing matches.
FT gets orders in the briefing. It’s either your dropping in strictly to kill the pred, or do the mission. Not whichever comes first.

In the event the match is exfil win condition and the pred is killed, he gets a 1 minute cooldown and then respawns just like the reinforcement mechanic. If the match is kill pred win condition, then it’s who hunts better basically, strait up slugfest to see who walks outta the jungle this time.

Obviously if player count is an issue you’ll default to regular hunt and regular matches with players not at max level

Yay? Nay? Ideas?

3 Likes

A. One side having two win conditions to another’s one doesn’t mean it’s imbalanced.

B. General consensus tends to be that time out is a pred win. It’s even like that for the tourny.

Level =/= skill

What happens if you get the objective?

Does pred just become invincible? Hi Predator in SW with medic healing on site.

Cause let me tell you they’ll just run across the map. And good luck if they have disciplined because then they can just sit still the entire match.

Not to mention it removes any stratagy between balancing pushing and OBJ. Granted there isn’t much there now but that’s do to the FT being way too strong and OBJ’s being way to fast right now but that’s a dynamic that we can add too.

Also is this only for 150’s? Or base game change?

Preds have to wait 10 minutes and you want them to have a minute long respawn?

And even if we ignore que time a minute is plenty of time for FT to push OBJ and prepare for pred.

Not to mention suicide kills are going to be stronger since killing them as fast as possible is the only thing that matters.

This idea promotes bad gameplay.

So it is for 150’s only…

WHY

WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A CORE GAMEPLAY CHANGE LEVEL LOCKED

now any players reaching 150 are thrown into a completely different game mode

And any 150 players get locked out of the old game mode.

So…you’re a no, check.

Debatable, but your points are noted

It’s less about skill and more about player experience. There’s nothing in here that requires more or less skill

Asked and answered. The cooldown is to prevent over aggressive Pred play when the win condition is a exfil.

To add variety for players who have more time in this game and it may have become boring and repetitive as it stands now.

Yes it is debatable. But no point has been made yet.

It’s not the gameplay it’s the match up.

Deleted the wrong comment my bad.

I meant to delete that but accidentally deleted “what happens when it’s kill the Pred”

Even then the gameplay is going to promote aggressive builds to run down the FT’s resources fast even with the timer. Even the FT’s lives can be run down by bow spamming them.

Your adding variety…

By locking the base mode away after a level cap…

Why not make a new mode?

Not like this will do much since you’ll just get bored of it.

I consider these points. Am I wrong to?

Then it’s a strait up who can hunt who better essentially.

At that point that’s the idea. I mean you have players do this already. At least at this point they’re guaranteed to face experienced players who might have a creative counter to it.

Where did I ever say lock away hunt mode? I said this particular match modifier should be level locked. If you que up and there’s enough level 150 preds and FT, you get this mode. If there’s not, you get regular hunt just like it is now

Been asking for a new mode since Dec, now I’m asking for this because I’m already getting kind of bored with it and maybe this could hold people over till new mode

Well , they did state that matchmaking would include player skill matched making . I guess they didn’t get it to work 🤔

1 Like

A new and fresh way to play the game?!

I’m in!

1 Like

Ehm…they didn’t specify the cap.
I think at level 30 you’re matched with < 30 players

It doesn’t.

1 Like

Ah…indeed that is a fatal flaw in this plan then

1 Like

They didn’t specify, no . But they said there would be player level match making , how many 150 level people do you think go up against level 1’s?

I’m not sure but I’ll be honest I doubt any.
The only real difference between level 1 and level 30 is you may actually know what the pred looks like by level 30

I doubt there is any skill based matchmaking, is my point

No. What I’m saying is that you haven’t made any arguments that it is inherently unbalanced. Therefore without any arguments we can’t have an argument.

I actually made a point for this

This is a base change that changes the hunt mode base on level. I.E the OG hunt with both OBJ and kill the Pred is locked.

As you have just said and no

That’s not a good way to balance the modes.

Either

A. Player count dies down and we only get OG hunt so your idea is wasted

B. Player count goes up and we only get the new mode and we’re locked out of the old mode.

And that’s assuming this being implemented doesn’t start out in one for these states.

It needs better implementation.

Also