Limited K&M support on console?

So recently i got back into this game, i play on the ps4 version, after looking at some recent yt videos of other people playing this game it seems to me that playing with keyboard and mouse (at least with mouse anyway) seems to be a better way to look and aim and enemies such as the predator, using the controller feels kinda sluggish and not very fine, so i thought what the hell and try connecting my keyboard and mouse just to see if it did anything, and the game does register my keyboard inputs for navigating the menu, but seems to not register my mouse at all, also when attempting to bind controls using the keyboard nothing registers so it seems keyboard only works for navigating the menu, so im guessing the PS4 version of game has no mouse support without external tools like a cronus or xim, i would like to try playing keyboard and mouse but i recall that there’s no cross-progression for the game so it would basically be starting over if i were to get the pc version, just wanted to share this, would appreciate any replies

I was briefly playing PHG on PS5 and the same thing you described happened. My memory is vague, but I feel like even if I connected a keyboard and mouse to the PS5, I could only operate it from the menu screen.

I have a xim matrix and when I connected it to my PS5 I was able to use K&M inside PHG. It is said that the PS5 version of PHG is scheduled to be released in the second half of this year, so it may be better to hope that it will be compatible with K&M operation without a converter.

I’m using google translate so I apologize if I misread the question.

1 Like

PS4 and PS5 K&M support is game dependent, the game needs to support K&M as input. There is no input emulation handled by the operating system. You’ll need to use a XIM adapter if the game does not accept K&M inputs

From what i tested the game read my keyboard inputs fine, but it did not register my mouse, it’s not a wired mouse but one that uses a universal receiver which i have connected to the ps5 thru the usb port, Call of Duty registers it as a mouse, but i shouldn’t hold Predator Hunting Grounds to those standards, so maybe i should try with a wired mouse.