Loved the katana, went back to ranged hunter

A question for my fellow pred mains (my in-game name is Mr_Mojo_Rising): how many of you, after some enthusiasm about the new samurai-katana combo, reverted back to ranged hunter / elder?

I mean, katana is a lot of fun and I find the animations gorgeous… But lets be honest: the moment you face a decent PC team, heck, even decent PS4 teams (met quite a lot since beta), you’re screwed.

Wha’t your opinion on this?

1 Like

It’s no different than the other classes if you’re a good FT.

Ths katana offers a deterrent to parrying due to its bleed effect.

I enjoy how quiet the Samurai is!

I do not use a samurai at all. Fuck a samurai. Katana is cool.

Is the samurai quieter?

1 Like

He seems loud asf maybe the loudest lol😂

Couldn’t play Predator due to queue times but I noticed that Predators are still trying to figure out how to effectively use it. Basically the lot of Samurais and Berserkers I see use it (which is to say every single one of them) basically wanted to use it in a stand up fight and that just doesn’t work. It doesn’t work much in the same way even using the spear doesn’t. You’re just going to get gunned down walking into a room or in the middle of the FT.

The Elder I saw used it far more effectively with bleed being used with hit and run tactics. It seems that the lot of Predators using it viewed it as the new spear. I can see smart Elders and Scouts though using it well.

3 Likes

Yea Me and my buddy’s where playing priv switchin off all day we played like 100 match’s lol each using the samurai and it was fun I got the hang of it so far a lot of ppl are gonna give up quick tho

I played one game as samurai and it’s not my style
So I reverted back to scout and sometimes elder

Yes. The samurai does not have enough stamina for my playstyle even with the perk added. Kitana on hunter is a good call

I’ve been using the katana on my hunter and it’s been a lot of fun. I’ve had a lot of fireteam members rage quit on me and get mad when I used it on them lol.

The tracking is kinda bad on the weapon but the damage, the heavy attacks, and the bleed effect are very nice. It’s great for hit and run tactics, it’s great for stabbing people when they’re running away and it’s great for killing someone when they’re trying to revive someone.

It can be used to kill multiple people but this only works on noob teams that don’t know how to parry. Don’t use the katana to fight multiple fireteam members at once.

1 Like