Make the Predator hard to hunt... "again"?

Well thats the point exactly, new players playing as FT are already having a difficult time spotting the Pred. Imagine making it even more difficult.
Either they are going to quit playing the game alltogether, or eveyone will want to play as the pred exclusively.

Would be cool if the game would dynamically nerf and buff the pred depending on the average level of the FT the Pred faces each time.

For example,
I mainly play with a Scout with disciplined specialization because for me Preds should be 100% quiet (regarding the clicking noises I mean) as there are enough other indications to giveaway their position. Clicking is the only noise that the player is not in control of and it becomes a major handicap when playing against good FTs.

But when I get matched up with a random FT with 4 PS players or 3 PS players and 1 PC on a night mode level, I always go for my hunter build just to give them a chance to spot me easier. It actually pisses me off, but if I dont do that, all the challenge and the chance to practise, goes away.

1 Like

I cosign on all of this 👍😎👍
@Kassinaillia
You should too 😎👍

Is illfonic still attracting crowd to phg? Fix the game already please. Just make pred less noisy. @Kassinaillia

you can give most new players a constant icon with a big red label instructing SHOOT THE PREDATOR and they will still play clueless. They are ruining the game for the rest so, why bother? Most will quit playing after a week.

Are you saying that you dont care about adding new players to the player base, just because you dont have the patience to wait for them to improve?

If you leave the pred as it is,
the game is broken when playing against Deathsquads.

If you make the pred excessively stealthy,
the game will be broken for the majority of the FT players, and will make sense only when going against DS.

This game needs a dynamic way to adjust the predator’s ablilities.

Is not that I don’t want new players. I just don’t want THAT kind of new players coming in.

I’ve invited several IRL friends to this game and they all perform very well from the get go. They don’t need a freaking tutorial to understand the basics of it.

Why most new players are not like this is beyond my comprehension. I’m starting to research on it though. Jumping on the mic whenever I see a newbie loadout and ask what games have they played before. So far, it doesn’t look good. Most come from playing Mario and Minecraft.

I don’t think PHG Hunt mode is the right game to get started on a First Person Shooter
Maybe they are better off playing Clash mode to get some hang off of it.

Why not make a stealth game mode instead to where if the predator or fireteam are discovered by the ai the whole area gets nucked. and the predator is actually stealthy and if your fireteam then put a suppressor on.

I can get onboard with just about all of these suggestions - and it seems most of the others in this thread feel the same way, @Kassinaillia - hopefully these are topics being brought to the devs?

I would be in the camp of nerfing the sounds but not removing them - being able to hear the thermal vision or cloak changing from across the entire map is a bit excessive, imo - should be something like the cloak…can’t hear it beyond a certain distance. Dutch couldn’t hear the Pred coming up behind him in the final showdown until he was literally right next to him - and he was jumping around all over the place without making a sound.

While it would be great to remove or greatly reduce the damage on both sides for this game, that just isn’t going to happen since it is catered towards n00bs…and this is a casual game which cannot be solely catered to the top 5% (just like DBD - it is crazy easy to play as killer but people have selective memory when they play against a decent team that beats them once every 10-15 matches and don’t remember that they 4K’d all of their other matches).

Overall it is impossible to truly balance an asymm game but geez, it would be nice to have Illfonic actually look at all the data they are supposedly collecting/tracking and update certain gameplay elements (like DBD). I.e., what perks are being used the most by FT/Pred players? If a certain meta is being used, maybe make little tweaks to said meta to not make it the meta anymore and force players to change up what they are doing. If I remember correctly, the last time something like that was done was with Impenetrable and Dithered Lens perks, which was sometime ago.

Tbh they could simple add some of those features the OP mentioned to certain classes like quite down the foot steps of the scout.

As for DL, you could add that the plasma casters laser doesn’t emit the beam for 10-15m for instance. It would make it a lil harder to pinpoint the pred exactly.

What is this dark souls

Tbh, just make the predator’s night vision better. In second wind, it’s impossible to jump away without bashing your head on a branch. Or, better yet, just make it so that there’s an option in the menu(under ‘disable crossplay’) that allows you to not play on night maps. I prefer the good ole days where I died due to my own stupidity, not my pred’s blindness.
With reguards to the plas ma caster, make it so that only the red dots are visible, like the movies. Also, buff the fucking thing! I don’t know why the devs keep nerfing it, but its damage output is fuck-all. With reguards to the bow, the trail actually makes sense. Without it, there’s no counter whatsoever to those little bowspamming whores you come across every now and again. It’s still a very stealthy weapon, and with a lil’ practice, you can use it to your advantage. If you shoot and leap, the ft will generally fire where they thought you were, not where you are.

Lol wouldn’t it be great if Illfonic added some sort of lvl-matching, so that the majority of plays aren’t with fucking noobs who don’t even know what button to press to shoot?

No, i mean thats a real life thing. We all have ears.We dont’ need a special license to hear things. and by getting rid of the clicking, youre basically saying not to use the most iconic sound that the predator makes in an actual predator game. Im not sure you get the idea that it makes the game cool.

There should be more variations between classes. Considering that they all wear sandles and not boots. But i dont think its so obvious from FT perspective to begin with. While you’re playing as Pred its way loud but …thats from preds perspective.

Should make less sounds. It almost sounds like he put an amplifier to it and turned it up to 12.

No, you need it when you’re in the areas where there is no gigantic moon. The damn thing isn’t everywhere you know! Its most prominant on the waterfall base. But damn why do you have to blame the moon? Thats nature!

Agreed. But there should be a moment where itis heard before it becomes totally silent-gradually.

No, …the perk that makes it thinner does exactly what you want it to with the expense of a perk.

You mean the electric zap? or the trajectory air trail?
Either way its not an issue for me. Why is it for you?

This is a good observation, they need to take that out asap from the FT perspective. It should just be a distraction only for Pred because well, he needs to hear shit but that should just deafen him because preds shouldn’t rely on toggling it back and forth.

You just now discovering this? XD I hope not

Well since the game makes absolutely no fuckin sense anyway, why should the devs not do this? On a good day, it’s a struggle as pred to win against any good ft players. The air trail on the bow is stupid as fuk, considering that its main advent is stealth, however this would enable incessant bowspamming without retaliation. A good balance would be no trail, but the bow has a 2s cooldown before you can fire again (and ffs, make it actually hit the target, not the dirt 3m to the left of the ‘crosshairs’). Also just fucken scrap the night maps, they are boring and such a fucking let-down.
On a completely unrelated note, is Bot-_-Foxtrot on the forum? Coz I just played him and it was the most fun I’ve had with this game in a week. GGs all round, even to the noob that somehow got thrown into the match. He was not prepared :/