Make the Predator hard to hunt... "again"?

Enough of damage buffs. We’ve had plenty and it seems they are not going anywhere. This has not helped potatoes in any way, as they are still oblivious to the most basic of things for this game.

So, how about we remove the actual basic things that make hunting a Pred down extremely easy?

Get rid of clicking, purring, hootin’ and shit sounds. Or make it so that only the one with “sixth sense” perk is able to hear them.

Get rid of the stomping elephant sounds unless the pred is walking on a hard surface that will vibrate loud (rooftops, cars, etc).

Pred medkit use shouldn’t make any sounds

On night maps, get rid of pred blood. seriously, the thing is a freaking glowstick and nobody uses the night vision that masks/hides that color. I know your intention for night maps was for everyone to use night vision all the time but it turns out with the gigantic moon that lights the whole map, you don’t really need NV, like, never

Get rid of traps sound. Traps should not make sound, like, ever. There’s not a human contraption in real life that makes sound (unless the sound is the bait)… why would an advanced species of aliens make audible traps? It makes no sense.

Get rid of the Plasma Caster sight. Make it so it only shows when it bounces of a surface, not all the trajectory which makes it easy to pin point the exact location of the pred in a split second

Get rid of the bow/arrow trajectory visual queue… Really never got why was this a thing in the game to begin with. Is the pred using some sort of energy based arrows? Doesn’t look like it. Get rid of that.

20 Likes

FT being able to hear the biomask toggling thermal is hilarious

The pred should be this loud in the movies it’d be pure comedy

10 Likes

I think Illfonic hates the Predator.

6 Likes

BUFF FT
NERF PRED

3 Likes

I kinda like the sound and would hate it to go away, but I would nerf it to the ground so the only way you could here it is if the pred is within a few meters from you. By few I truly mean 2 o 3, not 25

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with this thread. The noise reductions alone would change everything

2 Likes

I agree exactly not even in the movies did it show the stupid 3 dots as a freaking laser pointer for the dang FT to trace back no matter how fair you want to make this game, if you can’t hunt go back to FORTNITE OR COD YOU CASUAL CLUCKS!

4 Likes

We don’t use that F word around here.
This is your last warning.

3 Likes

F

Ucknite

2 Likes

Predator 1 but this time there’s a giant laser spazzing around the jungle with the loudest buzzing noise imaginable & everyone can hear stomping, clicking, and vision mode toggling.

They can just make your mode and call it hard mode. Since they refuse to make the 2v8 mode.
It wouldn’t be that hard for them to do I think.
Basically give the preds passive dithered Lens, passive discipline, passive blood clot perk and remove all their noise except for when they’re taking damage or roaring as taunt or post medkit

1 Like

Tbh even with dithered lens I can clearly see the plasma caster red laser. Is not that obvious, but is still highly visible. That’s why I think is not that even good of a perk.

Most pred perks I find useless. Like iron side and impenetrable, for example. I don’t think they have a huge effect and is barely noticeable.

4 Likes

I will find you, remove your vertebrae and ribs one by one, and eat them.

1 Like

100% agree with this one.
Thermal producing noise its the most non-sensical of all the giveaways.

What Jelou is asking for, imo, is too much (And I play as a Pred main).

This game will lose so many players if everything Jelou is asking for, happen, even though they make sense, as the Predators are a hunting race and would never be so loud/ obvious in reality.
But this is a game.

The only way I see for all these to be applied,
is now that we have 999 levels and not just 150,
to unlock these stealth upgrades, one by one as you level up, every 100 levels.

And maybe if you get matched with a FT that has an average level that is 100 levels or more, lower than yours, some of those stealth upgrades get deactivated just for that game (could even throw some lore in there, that for example the Yautja honor code mandates that you give a fair chance to the opponent)

1 Like

I wouldn’t ssy get rid of the sounds. I feel it would get way easier when playing as Pred. I would say: nerf all sounds, the clicking and purring, the stomps, the medikit, the traps. Nerf the plasma caster sound (it’s annoying when they spam it XD).
I don’t mind glowing on night maps, I just hate not being able to see shit when second winded for example. I hate night maps. I thought it would be cool, and it kinda was at the beginning, but now I hate them.

1 Like

FT?

It’s sad really 😔

From a Pred main perspective reducing sounds based on distance would do wonders for this game. Once FT hears the pred’s footsteps or when you land after a leap or the clicking noise is heard the position gets narrowed down badly for those really using their ears. Maybe even naturally give every Pred clotted for every 15sec and if clotted is used as a perk that’s every 30sec.

Well the elephant stomping sounds kinda make sense since pred is wearing all that clanky armor

But i agree with the vision noises its just stupid

No dont get rid of the clicking purring hootin and shit sounds, it creates fear for fireteams because they cant focus on the pred exact location. Especially with noobs and children with mics

Pred medkit should only make sounds on the final touch (roar of pain)

No dont get rid of pred blood on night maps, git gud. I play Viking all the time in night maps and ive literally never lost a match

Bear traps should make sounds when they activate and when they are placed. Motion detectors should make noises when throwing alerts

Keep the caster sight, git gud and leap away right after firing dumass. It’s also one of the pred’s signature…things idk its like you cant have a pred without wrist blades

Idrc about the bow thing but yeah it can be a poopoo in night maps

1 Like

Last night I started playing with music at max volume, just to, you know, “nerf myself” from most sounds

It didn’t make much of a difference tbh.

Will it be too easy for preds? Yes, but then again… isn’t it easy right now? Like literally… I will not play pred for months, load in, slay 4 or 5 matches against potatoes with ease. That’s just the way it is.
The complains are always when you face a “good” team. Or a team that’s aware of their surroundings. You get some help with that, now your complains are gone.