MASS-SHAPPOPPY: PHG Possibility for Expansion

So like any game, the exponential growth, I believe is the key to the success of the game’s sequel longevity.

1. The first iteration of PHG up to present day had seen its content health at maximum. It may have experienced slow growth but it’s potential towards its present day max of DLC and content is healthy. ONly that it should have somehow existed in a more organized means and released within 1.5 years.

2. If theoretically the DLC present day existed in a predictable growth rate, it would have kept what would be the most desirable effect on it’s existential notoriety. To this point, the game’s hotfixes and patches and DLC would have ended probably 1.5 years after release.

3. If they would expand this game after a GIANT hiatus, they would need to

a. release at least 5-6 major FT releases that corresponded to the lore of this game alone and any other movie based lore with expected Actor/actress voice talents attached to it. These would need to be released at least within 2-3 months of release.
This may seem like alot in comparison but if they had a real budget funding for it, they would have needed to just that and release in those spurts.

b. They would need to also release everything they possible could have in terms of PRedator DLCs and do so within 5 months inclusive of those FT releases.

c. Having done so, the fall off would not be necessarily that complicated. It would have 5 months of post releases in which contains LORE content such as cassette tapes. maybe at least 3 times as much tapes as they have now. All those helmets for the predator would have had to be included within those dlcs. These would not be inclusive to lore stuff.

Lots of the material in this game included so much helmets, tapes and weapons and classes that came out in a real messy way. I wasn’t cognitive of it, since me and everyone else were all hungry for it, but if they released everything in a more chunky way as if everything was created before hand then maybe things wouldn’t be SOOOO anticipated through leaks and stuff.

I just think they could have serialized EVERYTHING to a point where even releases would have been done by celebrity help…like Arnold going online and doing a marketing piece. THat would have bee very interesting but i don’t believe many companies would have these planned because welp, they are doing it for the first time.

I hope maybe EVERY game company can learn from this especially with the company that is producing the new ROBOCOP game. They can really do something really special if they could plan it correctly. Then the fallout PHG experienced can be avoided.

No

Maybe next time the franchise will produce it’s own company and then integrate the production party into their own. Thus the integration would shorten the communication bureaucracy.

Oh, they are quite well my dear. Are you still available for dinner tomororw?

Jesus christ now you’re just having a conversation with yourself. No mass. Like come on man. Just let the game die.

I’d rather we try to get a good studio to do a new really great AvP. That would be fun.
A large scale, in depth AvP with a good pvp, and possibly good pve.

hell no.

you really wanted so much from 2010s avp or worse yet, 2001s avp that you clearly did not see any or ALL of AVPs short commings. I mean if you saw the speed at which you were playing and didn’t see the garbage flung at your face at the same speed you’re JUST LYING TO yourself. The game mechanics were atrocious because AVP utilized toon mechanics to drive aliens jumping from one wall to another floor and worse yet, they were animated with such loonacy that 1/30 of a second of a headbite was communicated (that is 8bit gaming!!!). Now amplify that 10x on next gen and you have a cat and mouse game mixed with squirrels and lizards. You don’t get PHG with that said. You don’t get any of that because the physics works differently!!! What you will get are aliens thrown in with weird and fast mechanics that only make sense in looney tune universes. This will basically throw it into the garbage bin on film or tv related properties.

Reality sets in that the aliens will need to be as slow as Lions because otherwise the Predator will have shit to do other than get killed in half a second!
Even PHG has a quasi-realistic timing system. You’d need to throw in the speed of runners, the stealth of Prowlers, and the slow but calculated killing motifs of spitters and Soldiers AND THEY ALL RUN AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS!!!
That means any New AVP game will need to incorporate these. Otherwise if you lopsidedly impliment ONLY RUNNERS in your campaign you’re dealt with an UNBALANCED GAME!!!

Or if your AVP game doesn’t have 30 aliens on screen at once, youre going to have to increase the speed to like 5 at a time (remembering this is a multiplayer game).
Are you that absent minded?

" you’re just having a conversation with yourself. " — COrrect.

The way i see AVP ever happening is if the A in AVP which is closely associated with Alien should and ONLY BE Associated with Alien Isolations mechanics. Meaning you should only see a drone who is LURKING. NOTHING MORE THan that. Forget the @James-Cameron bunny hopping from wall to wall bullshit. Throw Alien ISolation into PHG and that is what you will get. and it will have to be the ONLY mechanic that will work!!!

Ok so you got slow ass reflexes so you dont want a fast game. Well I got news for you mass, there are a lot of people that dont mind fast speeds.

You wouldnt have to slow down the game play, that’s part of what ruined fighting games. They slowed it down so much its fucking boring.

Depending on the mode, you really don’t need an overwhelming amount of aliens.
Second, preds train by killing aliens. You make them sound weak as fuck.

Sure compared to other media, but they’re pretty decent at fighting xenomorphs.

Look man, I dont get what you’re problem is with AvP.

But if a good studio makes it, it should be fun.

You tripping.

100 points for using a Seinfeld gif tho.

1 Like

What fortnigth fans?

bitch you need to stalk as aliens…remember ACM when you get done after 14 seconds or better yet 5?
If that the case you will need to exclude the Single player portion of the game. Which then cuts your demographic of players!!! You basically got yourself UNREAL TOURNAMENT! That shit cost what? a shitty grant equal to one DLC? You might as well let AVP be a DLC For Fortnight and call it a DAY (NO PUN)!!!

JOB DONE! THANKS FIRE! AVP 2023 comes out for Fortnight in one month!!!
200 points for being a HACK ASS!!

Fortnite isnt even on the faster side, wtf are you talking about? You’ve got slow reflexes dont?

Tell me mass, what games are you playing atm?

So that means you like shitty fast games from 1999! trust me i’d melt you with macros any day!

Because they don’t have to.

Your game is supposed to be able to stand on its own without DLC not lose majority of its playerbase in 3 months. But atleast we aren’t Aliens Fireteam.

Everyone that was going to try this got to try it during the open beta and its just as shitty and janky as it was back then. The PS plus players left and the only signifigant 4v1 audience is playing DBD because atleast they bother to rework mechanics.

0 quality of life improvements they just fixed ice skating, pred being loud af, and made some balance changes to the already dated gameplay.
The only people that were going to buy this were pred fans. Its clunky as hell.

I can’t remember if they ever did a free weekend on steam but its not like they cared about the steam release at all either.

AvP’s not canon but yeah they’re weak and dumb as rocks, need technological crutches despite being faster, stronger and more genetically modified than everything they hunt.

Whereas aliens are colony destroying threats just by existing. A pred is a threat to a small squad until they get shot and then its runaway and hide like a bitch time.

They can climb perfectly flat surfaces, bite/tail through anything and open reinforced doors because they use hydraulics instead of muscles. Their physical mass is a lie.

Weird physics is a part of alien. Predators float jumping in this game looks the worst.

Thats my issue. But Fire is a fart head so i will get grief for saying it just won’t work. It will be a cartoony mess if they made a new one just the same as they did with 1999 and 2010 versions.
That is of course if they take my advice and throw in the Alien Isolation mechanics but then there is a shit load of other things one can’t imagine in the game because then you have to open a can of worms for game devs to eat.

I can’t suggest an AVP game nobody has invented yet.