My first experience after a 2-3 week break

Scout die with one combo of the katana, matbe you miss some strike or he heal at the same time you started hitting him. Btw after the patch I am not getting disconnected for both ft and pred. The core problems are bug in the game for pred, fix collion bug for leap and put new REAL content.

I keep getting disconnections and im on PC and i also crash, the game freezes and closes with no error or not responding issueā€¦

And duh, scout is supposed to be weak for sacrificing his speedā€¦

And yeah the issue here is the core of game

Iā€™m from pc too, I didnt get any disconnections these days. Maybe Iā€™m lucky.

Interestingā€¦ share me some of your luck ;D

Im also on pc and havent got disconnected in the last few daxs

Are you using 2.4G or 5G? I knew 5G delivers better connection times on multiplayer games. But only decided to dedicate using it last week and iā€™ve not been disconnected when using 5G. been getting good ping times too. 2.4G however is terrible and consistently gave me terrible ping times and disconnect icons.

So, never?!

Evolveā€™s issue was that everyone enjoyed playing the hunters but hated being chased around the whole match so monster queue times shot up astronomically. Stressful solo gameplay is a recipe for disaster because playing the monster was ALWAYS ALWAYS a sweaty experience trying to hide and not get domed early every single match. Really not a coincidence it was the only game where the solo role was the one getting hunted and then the population crashed and failed spectacularly unless the monsters were OP stage 2. Itā€™s like if you loaded up DBD and it was the survivors job to bully the killer with flashlights until the 10 minute mark. You all stopped playing evolve despite the nostalgia goggles that game could not maintain a playerbase without rework monster/survivor roles at their core.

Brand name alone can unironically carry it even with it being an asyim. How long did all of you play avp2010 with 0 customization, xp or loot aside from the rank 40 skins in the matchmaking that took ages. you joined lobbies and played the same maps before they even dropped a few more maps and then said they were done with the game. Granted that example is a more talented crew deving but that game had no form of progression mythic drop lootbox shit and you all still played it anyways. The fortnite treadmill has become the expectation.

1 Like

Evolve was amazing.
I miss it so much.

Thereā€™s certainly some lessons (the good ones) that this game could learn from Evolve.

Neither game was perfect, but Evolve had some extremely good aspects of it, some of which could certainly be used to improve this game.

Evolveā€™s issue was also their in-game monetization micro-transactions, that were so poorly implemented, it caused some of the largest hate in a gaming community that Iā€™d seen until Star Wars Battlefront happened.

1 Like

But that didnt kill Battlefront even with EAā€™s big fat evil reputation so that says something. People didnt even share that same animosity for turtle rock, Evolve lacked replayability post launch, even before the dlc, because no one wanted to hide for 10 mins as the monster and then do it all over again the next match. Very extreme fundamental flaw that was beyond saving short of reversing roles.
That round in DBD where the survivors take all the busted perks & decisive strike flashlight tbag harass you into oblivion making you want to alt f4 even after you win bc the whole thing was so sweaty is what playing the monster in evolve felt like practically EVERY GAME unless the hunters had no idea what they were doing. It takes A LOT in an asyim to keep all parties feeling like theyā€™re actually having fun because its an Us vs Them foundation, it gets bad when you start the 4 man off as the power role by default like Evolve did but it was very early in the genre and everyone seems to have learned from that major mistake since.

2 Likes