My first experience after a 2-3 week break

First game as Pred: I waited the 15 minutes. Pred does the roar. Instant disconnect.

Second game as Pred: Kill 3 FT members and last one is a Scout. I do not know how, but that Scout took as many Katana hits as 2 full health Supports do… Lmao.

3rd Pred game: I down 1 FT member and then I stand completely still (stuck?) and get shot to death.

4th Pred game: I waited 7 minutes and left the matchmaking, wasn’t really a game as this game isn’t that fun with same 3 maps and gameplay style.

My first FT match: Just the standard match. We complete objective. Leave exfil.

2nd match as FT: Disconnect mid-game.

3rd match as FT: Everybody leaves, I’m left alone.

4th match as FT: Predator kills us within 1 minute. Probably the best player around idk… All I know is that he doesn’t take damage.

After that I was done with this game. I’ll be back when there are new maps and bug fixes.

4 Likes

Excatly same game experience as me… most people dont realise this feeling from this happening…

For me you can addon, automatically long claiming and getting killed.

Also the pigs not spawning.

3 Likes

I literally cba lol, the game is not even a bit fun even anymore the fps drops and stuttering from high ping… jesus christ… I will give it time till the end of the year…

3 Likes

I just waited 30 minutes for a Predator game and had to leave due to unplayable frame rate 👍 Oh but Illfonic really earned that week off. I’ve never seen a console game run like such dog shit on every conceivable level.

2 Likes

take 5/7 min to find a game ez.

Decided to give this game 1 more chance. I just now played 1 match as the Predator. I don’t know how but within 3 fucking minutes they were at exfil point… What kind of stupid missions did they get that was so fucking fast? How am I supposed to rush in when that instantly get’s you killed.

And even using the decoy they knew exactly where I was at all times. Not even a slight scent of confusion on their part…

1 Like

If FT gonna get missions that are over that quickly, please ATLEAST put in some more AI grunts or something…

In response to your OP the scout was likely popping syringes which yeah will bolster his hp. Katana swings slow & flat damage sucks and you can outheal it just by popping stims, and the bleed is like 6 dmg so who cares unless your team runs out of medkits.

If you’re sitting there waiting for an opportunity to be sneaky and jump in vs a good FT its never going to happen bc they dont break line of sight so you have to make plays happen by pressuring. At higher levels the game is just an arena shooter where pred gets 2 maybe 3 engagements if you’re able to stay on top of them without getting pushed & stall before they rush objectives. It’s very very hard to slow an FT down if they’re running supports with medkits and ammo bags and alarms are disabled. If you can’t get an alarm set off its going to be a struggle because the regular mission AI get easily double tapped and trickle out like two or three at a time, one person can clear objectives no problem. In general assume you have 6-7 minutes before they’re at chopper & play like this is the case otherwise you’re going to have a bad time - a bunch of time spent looking for the ft is wasted & a bunch of time spent looking for pigs is wasted. Learn bow/caster or combistick throw combos or you aren’t going to be able to put out enough damage vs a coordinated team

Yeah with objectives that fast I’m forced to wonder what the fuck Illfonic was thinking. I mean did they not play test it?

I look at modern games and then I look at this one…and it’s SO poorly built by comparison. A prime example…AI that spawns literally out of nowhere. That screams rush job. This game was so fucking rushed it’s crazy. So clunky and it feels like a mid 2000s game.

2 Likes

Early 2000s shooters had better AI behaviors actually. I don’t think these can even turn outside 90 degree angles lol. FT overall feels very very unfinished, i’m sure they started on the pred side of things and then figured FT would be easy and they’d just drop it in whenever. Hell a patch or two ago FT got tuned up knife animations because those weren’t even done.

Really couldn’t give us interaction animations with mission objectives even? In a game focused on interacting with objectives? As if it wouldn’t be useful for people to see when you are interacting with an objective? Is this early access or isn’t it? Still not sure.

Pred even had an animation for picking up veratanium but FT doesn’t. There’s no way they were working on both around the same time.

1 Like

I just want to point out something.
I don’t know how many people here have played Evolve. (Scrolled over it on Steam earlier today and thought of it)

Evolve had more than 3 maps.
Evolve had an ok roster of Monsters that actually played very different.
Evolve had a good roster of Squad Members who ALSO played very different.

It died fairly quickly imo.

Predator: Hunting Grounds

Predator-

Has 3 original Predator classes and 3 new ones from DLC.
The difference between these Predators are miniscule. It comes down to stats mostly. Health, stamina etc.
There is literally NOTHING that makes them unique except their cosmetics.

Fireteam-

Fireteam has 4 original classes. 1 more was added from the Dutch DLC.
This has the same issue as the Predator as NO class has something unique from the other except health etc etc…

Correct me if i’m wrong but this game will die out sooner than Evolve did if they keep at it with this pace and the small to below average content drops that they do.

3 Likes

evolve was trash anyways so who cares.

1 Like

Evolve definitely had more going on than this game. Only thing that might keep it around longer is the name of the franchise.

2 Likes

fix the no piggies, fix it so FT players that rage quit still give the kill and xp to the predator when downed, fix it so if a FT member is downed at the chopper and the scoreboard shows he’s DEAD but the predator does not get the kill or points for it…(even though it clearly says he died)…, fix the janky leap system, the crosshair bug, the matchmaking, the party system, the OP spotting spamming, fix the butter knife blocking a giant swinging action of a elder sword or samurai sword from a giant intergalactic 8ft tall super strength alien… and fix the AI always being able to see cloaked predators… and while your at it please add some other modes and maps please where predator only players dont have to waste all day to only play 2 or 3 10 minute rounds…
THANK YOU

Amen

I had 4k hours in that game or around it, pretty sure 3.86k hours or so, i mained support and even after 1k hours of playing support only i didnt get chronically bored or permanently as you wish to call it, i always knew there would be a map swap and variation

1 Like

I feel the only thing making me play are those weekly challenges–ive completed them so im taking a break. I’m afraid though when nightmaps come, I’ll be on it way too much. That kind of variance makes someone go bunkers.

xD… same… but they need better algorithm for map variance swaps and also the objectives randomize so its not like… the actually same location for objectives is getting out of hand lmao… they really need to be random

I’ve noticed the slightly randomized locations of objectives. It was a little surprising but not really needed if they are going to go this route. I mean objectives are still in the same area, just slightly in another place. At least thats the impact i got from it.

It kind of blends in with all the little nuiance changes we’ve seen in the big boss guys and the sniper people. They kind look differently in a new patch. But all the while do very little to improve the game.

I never have been disconnected in the last 2 weeks. And git gud huhuuhuvhu

Oh thats normal, that happens and has been since release, but what i want is… those objectives being able to be done anywhere from map… lets say the objective is to burn the drugs on derailed… and the drugs are usually found totally on the other side in that little hut… How about the drugs can spawn anywhere on map to burnt the evidence n shit… stuff like that is needed