My last Illfonic game: is this game half-a-scam?

Wrong buddy…think about it…if an actor was sleeze ball rude to his fans and just a total prick …and you knew it …you wouldn’t even watch his movies …just saying 👍

From how I can see from the game stats on the player base, I’m not good with numbers so I could be wrong, but the total player base on June 21st was 480k with something around 80k new players since. But only 70k were actually returning and earning at minimum one trophy? That’s 300k+ players missing in action? Well that’s what I took away from it

I think that’s the main issue. There’s A LOT of issues with this game. A lot. I don’t defend the bugs/glitches but what I 100% will speak out against is the communication. It’s fucking awful for a game based on this HUGE IP. If this was ANY other game it would be dead by now. We need someone to communicate. Not make shitty meme tweets and never speak in the official forums. Reddit is a meme thread not an actual place of discussion.

@Courier

1 Like

These statistics are not 100% accurate nor do they give a clear picture of the actual amount of players.

It is common to lose about 80-90% of your active playerbase the first half year. This is common for almost all games. Even the games most people enjoy.

What is more interesting (but not available) are the active players online at any point of time.

Evolve at release had 80.000 players playing the game in the launch week, at any given time. 80.000 players online, playing Evolve. Fast forward 6 months later and that number was only 4.000 players. That was 5% of the entire playerbase in comparison to release.

I worked for a website that promoted itself for getting 200.000 unique visitors every month, with about 80.000 unique visitors on a daily basis. These were Google Analytic statistics. We were the biggest website of my country at the time.

So how is it that my video’s (I was the main producer there) only got between 500 and a 1000 views directly from the website? What answer did you think I got when I asked how many views most articles got?

Our website had the most traffic, but the least amount of interaction or loyal visitors. Most of our views came from good SEO and our (very) popular forum. But if we published our actual numbers, our company wouldn’t have survived. Our competitors had more brand awareness than us.

So this game might have a lot of players who played the game… but just like Evolve, the real numbers might be quite different. I’m only interested in active players at any given time, because that will showcase the actual amount of players playing.

More interesting are the actual numbers based on how long they have played. Is the majority of the playerbase new? Or are the active (loyal) players still around? How many people stopped playing?

2 Likes

Why are they ignoring the community like this? Maybe a teaser trailer to keep us excited.

The Departed was great regardless of how you feel about Matt Damon

1 Like

Why are they ignoring the community like this?

Well, that is one great question. They should have hired a community manager, adopted some moderators from the forum (it’s free, generally) and publish more transparant content. Let the community know there are people working on this game.

Instead, we get to see the corporate side.

It’s following a very stable pattern, but it won’t end with love. “It’s not personal, it’s business”, once carried weight.

2 Likes

Because bigger companies do it and get away with it. Because smaller companies do it and get away with it. Rockstar doesn’t communicate at all, makes no difference. Riot Games had all the bullshit you just listed and shutdown their insanely active forums three months or so ago because hiring people to say “we’re working on it” is largely unneccessary and people will stfu when they get things eventually regardless.

1 Like

The game has been released for just over two months — you’re a month off it hasn’t been a full fiscal quarter since launch.

Game was launched 24 April. April 24–May 24 is one month, May24–June24 is two months, it’s not three months until July 24, today’s the first of July.

There’s been allot of bug fixes and game balancing done, there’s still much more to do and I have faith by the end of the summer the game will be in a much better place than we are at now.

You can’t say @IllFonic has done nothing, for there’s been 9 patches, two of which includes DLCs in 9 weeks.

This game cannot have Ranked - ever

Why does it need ranking? Friday the 13th never had a leaderboard ranking system, it’s not COD, not every game needs a ranking system.

1 Like

You don’t hire moderators, you adopt them from the forums. You don’t pay them, you give them perks. Trust me there are a lot of people on this forum who would love ‘the honor’ of helping out a developer.

A community manager is just one person who creates a strategy to communicate with the audience. Hunt: Showdown is a great example of this. Their playerbase climbed impressively after they actively started to interact with their audience. Overwatch creates a conversation with their audience and listens to both newcomers and the pro’s.

Even Evolve had their team mingle on the forum with strict rules of interaction. The community had a lot of respect for them, even thought they systematically made weird choices. Evolve didn’t lose trust of their audience, the game just kinda did that by itself (and the long update intervals).

With a community this active, vocal and committed…?

I don’t get it why Illfonic doens’t realize they are sitting on a goldmine of information and feedback. You gotta use this energy and change the tone of voice by interacting with them/us.

Or don’t and nothing changes.

But then you are taking the risk of pushing something towards the same direction. Which has been pretty constant for the last 3 months.

And getting logged out on PC every 2 hours? That seems like a #1 priority bug-fix.

It ain’t, not for the last 5 patches.

RNG pigs for healing?
Hitscan weapons with a PC audience?
Irregular movement and collision when playing Predator in bumpy terrain?
Melee mechanics that arguably make the FT equally dangerous as the Predator? But not equally balanced looking at stamina usage.
Sound design that makes you louder while doing stealth.

These “mechanics” are just lazy solutions to design issues. And they can’t truly be fixed anymore since the core programming is already in - and they can’t do major bug fixes 3 months after release.

What a lot of people don’t know is that if you order a hamburger at McDonalds and you specifically ask the cashier to get you a burger that looks like the advertized picture, they HAVE to make you a hamburger that looks similar to the picture. But if you don’t ask, you will get a rushed variation that is half as good.

Illfonic basically is ignoring what they promised to sell, and keep on going like there aren’t any problems.

Our function - right now - is to list them bugs. And like elderly Bingo, they randomly select a few bugs that are fixed realistically. The rest? Nobody on this forum knows.

1 Like

Probably because they aren’t lol.

Hunt Showdown climbed because of Twitch streamers during BR boom not fucking forum interaction. Interacting or not interacting makes no difference, Evolve is dead. They can read the forums without holding your hand or giving you a super special community position. Doesn’t take an army to say “we’re working on it” which is all that would come of grabbing community volunteers. If forums were relevant Riot Games would still feel the need to have one considering they have some of the most played games in the world right now. Dropped all of it because they have statistics already & forums end up being a venting vocal minority. Content drops save games, thinking you’re best friends with the dev because you “had yer opinion herd” does nothing for the games overall population.

@Finessology @aaronBLUEeyes These cats are speaking facts. You guys need to take chill pills and celebrate the IP while giving constructive feedback instead of “I spent $40 bucks on this game and it’s half assed. FUCK ILLFONIC!”

I like Community management, it generates a healthier game in the long run. I also like when companies take the time to know the differing parts of their community.

Plus I love trailers, teases, hints and Easter eggs. Good community managers keep an audiences attention. They can evaluate the short term and help put out fires.

Lastly, I like knowing who I’m talking too. I don’t need a friend or constant attention, but a person who’s at least as involved as I am.

1 Like

No maps and modes…the game bored me :(

I will come back when they bring more maps and modes

https://gamstat.com/games/Predator_Hunting_Grounds/

man if you are talking about league it’s obvious. It’s a free to play game ( I already played it coming from dota) tht doesn’t require a super pc, easy to understand the mechanics, suitable for all ages, with 150 heroes (means you will never get bored) and a super good markenting behind. You cant compared lol to phg. Moreover lol also aroused the anger of many youtubers who complained about balance and trolls, just look at Voyboy video and the rest, that’s happened because riot didnt care about community and infact the game has not the same player base of before (still super high of course no dubt). This game (PHG) need a good comunication with devs because it’s a game witha small player base and to keep it alive you need to listen at the community and improve most impostant things, not the useless ones.

1 Like

Sorry wrong:
https://gamstat.com/games/Predator_Hunting_Grounds/

Most players quit the game after 4 days…

So 480k copies have been sold since realease, 72k of them in the last month, 59k players who bought the game over a month ago are still playing.
And as previously pointed out, the average time for someone to give up on this game is 4 days…

The player base is tanking hard.

And that’s just PS4 stats, PC players are all but gone.

3 Likes

You literally have know idea. just wait like a week until the realease new info, guess what, no players have been lost. There was so many people saying this game was losing players all the time from the release to now, and is just false. I know you hate illfonic and want to sue them, but dont say shit you dont even know

And if you think half a million players is a successful title, I’m just going to assume you haven’t been gaming that long.

1 Like

I did exactly as you asked and looked where you told me to look for the information you said would prove it all.

That info (as it states on the actual sight), is 4 days old…

@The_mudman_44 why do I need to wait a week for new data when the data you personally pointed to is only 4 days old?

1 Like