My last Illfonic game: is this game half-a-scam?

I’ve stopped playing for almost 2 weeks now. For me it is official, after defending the developers for months. The last patch is a joke. Like all the others before it. Illfonic isn’t up for the task. They weren’t before, they aren’t now. This will be the last title I buy from them. I don’t pay Early Acces games that are supposed to be full release titles. Refusing to communicate with the community? The last straw. It’s been… 3 months already.

The focus is stepping away from creating a proper functioning game and is pushing monetary DLC forward. I’m happy the cosmetics are free, it would have been the final blow. Crossplay isn’t working as advertised (which is illegal, and not the consumers fault) and I know of a few countries that will legally force Epic Games to refund this title if the consumer pushes this topic forward. If you got this game to play with friends with crossplay? It’s not possible. Was it advertised as such, absolutely yes.

The friend list still (!!!) isn’t working. Matchmaking still is a mess. From what I’ve heard, PC players are still being logged out every 2 hours. I’m really curious how it is even possible to not fix the friend list after 3 months.

It’s a 4vs1 game and the Predator movement is horrible to be even considered competitive. This game cannot have Ranked - ever - until movement becomes as fluid as you’d expect from a title like this.

I get it guy’s, they are still working on the game, but we paid 40 euro’s for this title… It 3 full months after the full release. Including a beta-test before hand.

Compare 40 euro’s to some other games you can buy. Think hard.

Illfonic is losing their commited playerbase fast. Nobody from my team is playing regularly anymore. I’m seeing more and more people from the forum take a break, or drop this game. I really hoped this game wouldn’t follow Evolve’s footsteps.

Illfonic managed to do two very impressive things:

• Break Evolves record of losing their playerbase.
  • Manage to release a game that still has more bugs than any Bethesda game ever released.

Try convincing your friends to pay 40 euro’s for this title, if you tell them these two points.

I’ll jump back in a couple of months, see if we entered a new phase in their Early Acces title. More bugs, more content, or what the community actually has been asking for months.

12 Likes

Just got stabbed and died new samurai doesn’t work…stumbling around.its a joke

1 Like

That was me sry :3

Games bullshit…new dlc sucks …clunky wont jump leap still doesnt work takes 3 or 4 pushes to work mostly doesn’t work…near full energy 1 stab all health gon and he freezes …total crap

2 Likes

Oh your back from your ban, welcome back deadeyebuddha. @Drakos @WhiteKala78 @Fire @KameofWar @madmardigan

1 Like

I really enjoy this game. I got it for $40 on PS4, and then $20 on the epic store for PC the following week so I could get all my friends on board.

My friends have been much more critical of the game as they are much more experienced FPS players, while I’m pretty much here for the predator IP.

I think the game’s idea is still really strong and I thought the claim/eat tree jumping bug fix was excellent, as was the net escape macro exploit. However, the community needs many more adjustments to be happy.

I did see a response from IllFonic on twitter yesterday that they are still working with their partners on crossplay invites. I believe this will be solved, but obviously it didn’t get the ‘hotfix’ we all would have hoped for.

My hope is that the die hard fans keep the ship afloat until this game hits $20 on PSN and EPIC permanently with the crossplay working. If the servers could take it, that would be great for this game.

I know many early purchasers will be incensed by a lower price, but honestly it’s good for the health of the game.

1 Like

If they will not add new content soon (apart from usless skin or class), the game will die in less than one month…

5 Likes

Same goes for bug-fixes.

Looking back at the last 3 months, do you trust this will change? Or will it be more of the same?

1 Like

Why youre posting this in discussion? There many people with the same opinion. Hey if you dont like the game just leave, its ok. This game is not for everyone it requires strategy and time.

2 Likes

Btw the arguement “the game is dying” is just false if you look at the gamestat you will see thst the game keeps growing

The mistake of the players was not to understand that everything would go in this direction, since the developers were not interested in comunication.

1 Like

So you hate a game because the company? That would be like hating an actor because of his real life character

just look in the forum, have you noticed that the developers have never communicated in an appropriate way with the community? No one is judging the game from the company, but the exact opposite 😅

1 Like

I mean the forum is a terrible place filled with toxicity because of the community. As developer i wouldnt post anything in it

1 Like

So sad…is that you tagging your bullying buddies…so sad please dont speak to me

@The_mudman_44 I don’t want to disrespect you. But your last scentence… is kinda dumb. You can absolutely dislike a movie character because you despise the actor IRL. It can go as far as to ruin an entire movie.

What I have for game developers is trust. Followed by a simple question:

Do I trust them to deliver?

Very simply put, I’ve spend hundreds of hours into this game, but I stopped playing with a bad aftertaste. Like dating this hot girl/guy managing to “score” but being left with a STD. I mean… it was fun during, but the aftermath wasn’t really worth the initial investment.

I’m talking about something as simple as their next title. Would I spend money on their next title knowing how they delivered Predator Hunting Grounds, and how they connect with, and listen to, their community.

On release I got mad at a Youtuber for scoring this game a 4/10. I thought it was absurd to score this game that low “because of bugs and mechanics”. And sadly… after 3 months. The guy was right.

I don’t trust EA with developing quality games anymore. They have become generic. I doubt Bethesda for understanding what quality games are anymore, after the last 8 years of nonsense. I don’t trust Bioware anymore since it’s basically a completely different team and their marketing strategies are of more quality, than the products they create.

Illfonic isn’t - in my honest opinion - ready to play with the big boys.

If I had my old job as a game-critic, I couldn’t defend this developer for delivering this game in this state. We are 3 months further… the basic shit, isn’t fixed yet. We aren’t getting the basic quality you can expect from a fully released title. The bugs in this game are acceptable for a game in it’s early beta phase.

So… if I’ve spend over 200 hours on this game, don’t you think that maaaaaybe… I’ve seen enough to form a proper opinion?

Or do you need 3 replies to not make a point?

ALso @Kalypsio, a lot of the guys you tagged know me from the forum already. Sorry, but not sorry <3

3 Likes

Just because you’re not getting a response doesn’t mean IllFonic is not aware of the criticisms. It’s a bummer to not be vilified with a response, but trust me the criticisms are being served up. The truth is that it’s a small team and they are taking these problems one bite at a time, while still committing to their DLC and free update schedule. But yeah, communication would have helped not get the playerbase in a frenzy.

Asking the playerbase to be patient seems unfair because crossplay invites and private matches are 3 months late, so I get it.

I know everyone wants this to be a really great game, which is why emotions and criticisms are so heated. Me too.

I respect the OP for wanting to take a break and willing to comeback if and when critical adjustments are made. I hope the game gets to a place where you’ll come back.

2 Likes

Stop crying.

I meant with real life character how the actors acts in real life with their friends or family. I also get why you think that illfonic did an half ass job. But theres so many more people having the same opinion on this forum, some even threating to sue them. But the actual positive reviews of the game are really rare on this forum because when people enjoy something they dont tend too post a review on it.

To this day I won’t watch anything with matt Damon in it

1 Like