My thoughts on new OWLF tapes (I now have them all)

As we all know Predator : Hunting Grounds is not only a shooter game, but a very interesting expansion to the official lore. An expansion voiced by actors portraying characters from movies. So legit shit in other words.

I have now collected and listened to all new tapes. I do not wish to spoil anything to anyone, so if you have not heard the tapes yet – go away

My personal thoughts are – Its disappointingly interesting.
I love the back story of Keys becoming OWLF director. Its so natural and satisfying, but also makes a lot of sense. I absolutely love the back story of Isabella – this shit gave me the chills. You could make a movie based just on that alone.

I’m not to keen on the fact Keys is mentioning characters from Predator 2018 – that movie should be left forgotten. Also, a kick in the teeth – Predator Killer suit is mentioned and described. This is something that made me rage. I know the way he described it, will almost guarantee it will not make its way in to the game – I appreciate this, but why mention that insult to the fans at all?

Also… not sure what to think of OWLF being cancelled in the end. Kind of sad about this. But from what Keys is saying in the end – do you guys thing he is coming to our hunting grounds?

4 Likes

I got a little worried that O.W.L.F under Peter Keyes ending somehow = P:HG Ending but I realize that it just means it can further evolve from this.

The Predator elements referenced by Lore is basically only because they have to bridge the gaps and stop talking about it as soon as they do. Even Upgraded Predator was never mentioned.

2 Likes

I haven’t collectedthem all yet but in terms of Keyes making an appearance doesn’t really surprise me but i dont actually see the purpose of him being a playable char. unless he has gadgets. hes not a soldier right? So why would he be a featured playable character? Unless he changes the game play i dont see any use for him at the moment.

1 Like

I hope that is the case. It wolud be a shame if the project wolud be simply forgotten

I know, and they did a marvellous job by bridging the gap between Predators 2010 and this - this back story is absolutely awesome. Predator killer suit is mentioned as an interesting. but useless tool that will be put back on the shelve - happy about that, but why the fuck mention it at all XDDD

Probably there still are few true fans at Illfonic ;-)

Yes, true - but my understanding is, Sean Keys is the most knowledgeable person on planet Earth when it comes to Yautja species. Maybe he can have some special perks or some shit, that would make the hunters think twice before brutally engaging him

I think they did a good job retconning it to the sidelines. The entire movie is now inconsequential thanks to PHG and God damned if that wasn’t worth the price of the game lol

4 Likes

He’ll be Dutch’s side kick as Q is to James Bond. Jet Packs are coming! or maybe just Predator Blood Packs.

100% agree - I love how they took what was good in the movie (basically just Stargezer and Keys) and left the rest aside. Just when I heard Keys mentioning that idiotic thing, by its idiotic name… I was like “Oh for fuck sakes man, WHY?!” But the way its mentioned - it basically means we will not see it in game.

Yes, and thank god

I’m glad the pred killer armor got nerfed into the fucking ground

1 Like

You see, that’s my main problem with the tapes and new lore – I’m hearing about how shit and useless it is, going in to overpower and offline after single plasma shot, but at the same time I’m wondering why the fuck am I hearing about it at all? XDDDDDD

lol as soon as half this game was mentioning stargazer you should’ve expected nothing less

Im curious as to why that big stupid iron man suit is done in by a single shot though? Kind of a big deal since they’re still going out of their way to stick to the movie.
What was the point of that whole movie if the suit that made it to earth is garbage? Fugitive died for a tin can, the stuff they looted off his corpse was probably better than the nanomachine iron man suit then.

1 Like

I was mad about it myself. Like you can write it off without fucking up the plot to the movie. Like somehow Illfonic made the film worse.

1 Like

What a nail in the coffin

Predator provocation teams is a new angle atleast.
better than autism and global warming.

1 Like

Those are all very positive notes in my opinion XDDD
But yeah, Illfonic shoould have pretend that shit with the suit never happend. On the other hand Isabella backstory deservs a stand alone movie

1 Like

oh its a prototype iron man suit. how dare you make me go watch the whole thing.

sounds like it could easily potentially come back

1 Like

I won’t mind FT equiped in a suit that gose offline after a single shot and is not bulletproof XDDDDDD

F’THAT! Give us tha suit

Redesign the suit and make a player class or have a Predator use it. It seems obvious and they said no.

A meta-joke about the quality of the movie itself.

2 Likes