Mythbusting: For those concerned about FT's mudding up and hiding in a corner

Yup, I told the guy you have to pan your look very slowly, and when it starts spiking, you head that way, and he was all it doesn’t work…😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

1 Like

Why I love fucking with @DeadEyeBuddha so much because good preds don’t need target iso, except to find boar…

Well, that’s good to know. I haven’t had any issues finding fireteams with observant and iso, but you need to know what all your tools are. Now it’s time to figure out exactly how it works.

Thats interesting.

You know there’s alot of fucking things wrong with thia game but then there’s tons of other cool unique shit

2 Likes

Yup!!!

They got the game pretty on the nose, just need to iron out the bugs, add some maps, and game modes, and skill based matchmaking, not level based.

5 Likes

ive tested this with video. it does nothing of note. plus there is nothing about this if it is a mechanic in the tutorial. If you can get video of finding a fireteam randomly based solely on the sound bar I’m sure many many people would be very appreciative.

1 Like

Yessir, that would be the post.

You are correct, but they said it didn’t work

I apologize, you did not

1 Like

i disagree with the functionality of the soundbar still. I want it to work like that! so i would be pumped if someone could show me how to do this because I think I am too stupid to use it reliably.

1 Like

So best way to do this so you can see what you are looking for is find the FTs, do not engage them. Pop the thermal then start slowly panning your look toward them then away from them. You will see an obvious spike, and will instantly tell the difference.

This is awesome!

Many may not even notice as I find everything sounds more “echo-ey” with the bio mask on, and I tend to turn it off if I need to locate the FT by sound alone.

If you want/need help making a video of this, let me know. I am off to public games to try this out!

ok do they have to be making any kind of sound? like gunfire?

No, just movement and heart beat sets it off

It spikes harder the louder they are though

Also in thermal, if you wound a guy, you can see his heartbeat through walls 😉or if he has been sprinting…

1 Like

queuing right now to try it

movement and heartbeat. From across the map?

ok testing it now going to record it not using any tracking method but the sound bar. As far as I am aware it is a animated graphic which responds to sound on screen even the predators. So giving it a whirl right now!

I’m uploading my first vid now. Following the flare ups it points me to the edge of the map. And at times I was looking directly at the running FT and it was small. again im dubious as nothing is mentioned in the tutorial or anywhere and we have other sound recognition indicators such as bubbles and perks for bubbles. what would be the point if this was an actual mechanic?

I’m going to record a few videos and post them.

It doesn’t only pick up the FTs, but it totally works