Mythbusting: For those concerned about FT's mudding up and hiding in a corner

Is there a trick to scanning/tagging? Seems to happen automatically for me when I’m close to the ft.

Listen you’re gonna accept my clickbait title and you’re gonna like it.
Look at all these replies.

Plus you can almost accidentally unreliably end up ontop of the person at midrange if maaybe all of the AI are dead end up on top of them depending on how late it is in the game. Further hide and seek required.

Crosshair over them, works even if they’re mudded. Just janky and takes longer and you have to be closer.
This also isnt explained in the tutorial because learning how to slide is more important.

2 Likes

lol ok i accept it then. i do give you points for saying “DOES work unreliably” like “60% of the time, it works every time”

overall i really enjoyed this thread compared to some of the dumpster fires on here. thanks guys!

1 Like

Nifty indeed @Finessology. One detail I love about Thermal Vision is how it adds in that “hollow” sound filter. It’s effects are close to the Films as we’re gonna get. Hunting Grounds has a lot of details like this that are sadly overlooked. I love the Scratch Marks we leave behind while Parkouring.

I started noticing the Sound Bar a bit more earlier today so I’ll certainly test this out. I’ve noticed that I started to use the Target Isolation function for just Boar Hunting myself LOL

1 Like

are you on PC Saikoro?

Nah, PS4 actually. I will say I have a BattleBeaverCustoms Controller that functions just like an Elite, rear buttons and all. It makes looking around far more intuitive, I.E. as close to PC as I can get.

ah ok. I was going to mention soundboards. I’ve been meaning to do it. Rip audio like the actual “over here” and “want some candy” from the movies and make a soundboard which can play direct audio instead of mic audio. Seeing as you mentioned the audio detail one of the things I think they should have done is use the actual taunts from the movies. When i get it running maybe ill make a post about it.

oh and “Danny boy”!

Mike!? Wait, you’re not…

I’ve thought of playing classical Music like O Fortuna or March of the Valkryries as I go around causing a ruckus.

Or fuck it… Long Tall Sally!! LOL

2 Likes

So is it just me, or does the game just look like more fun when everyone is on console?

So I went to the timestamp, you are showing us the FT Icon bug?

What u mean ? I’ve had games when it’s mix more or less same, not as often but 2 pc 2 ps4 or whatever it may , usually tho it’s a lot ps4 tho ppl say pc players will prob have better aim usually since it’s mouse aiming vs console stick aiming yea

And yea I forwarded it to the part In the hut

I just mean you can kind of tell the game was made for console, and ported over to PC. It looks like it plays more like its own game, instead of like < insert random FPS here >.

1 Like

I honestly like how it feels on controller yea…its a lot of fun to me

ive played since launch and ive never known this lol i thought that shit was just for looks

It basically is. It flashes based on sound processed by the game. It has no tracking use.

Thought thats what it was doing… thanks for confirming.