Mythbusting: For those concerned about FT's mudding up and hiding in a corner

Haven’t seen that bug yet…

Hmmm, well that kind of negates the test

Dont feel obligated to watch the whole thing but heres an example I forgot i actually caught on recording…

(Click on the play icon in the center itll take u to the part im talking about, dont click the actual title at the top of itll start at the beginning)

5:34

I have seen it before, I think maybe once or twice.

That’s so wierd

honestly it gives me no hints one way or the other.

Between this and it picking up AI audio is what makes it hardest to use IMO. You have to look for the colors and not the looping animation. It makes you so you kind of get a feel for it but its hard to apply reliably. Pretty unintuitive in the usual scenario though.

Once he was searching for me around the middle of the map tho he zoned in on me pretty quick even though I was just sprinting around in a corner. Crossmap seemed less reliable due to all the AI callouts and pigs. If AI are all already dead and its late in the game might be easier though.

So then 3:15 in your video / 11:45 game timer is about as good as it gets. I would be almost directly behind you, but farther away than mini-map range. And of course the AI is there to invalidate that as well…

And pretty much dead-ahead/slightly left from you after you kill the AI at 3:20 / 11:40.

Like I said, there are better tracking options but once you notice how it changes color, and you know what sounds you are listening for, it does help to track mudded FTs.

It’s like a directional microphone, it enhances sound in the direction you are looking, and gives a slight visual que.

I’ve gotten the tracking bug and it seems like it only happens after they get downed four times and ragdoll. Just a bug, disappears after the reinforce and you rescan the person.

Okay I am dumb…

Check around this time, here you are looking pretty much at my hiding spot and using the mask.

You do not really pan over me multiple times, so hard to tell. This is why the more controlled test you and I did was also useful. That did not support the Sound Bar doing anything though so I am also still not convinced but hopeful!

i will add also that it looks like it gets wider and smaller at some moments because the bars are stretched out more at the top and bottom of the animation then in the middle. so when certain bars hit the top or bottom it is a big stretchy chunk and its like wow its a flare up but its just that part of the loop at that position at that time which makes it appear large. as it cycles it will eventually repeat like that.

I’m still going to argue that whatever indicator would lead a predator to you will be present before or at the same time as the brightening sound bar. I’ll wait to see the video though!

yes and also the changing thermal vision sound affects the sound bar.

Yes, the predators noise and thermal buzz makes it react as well.

Hmmm, k yea makes sense if u get a rescan i suppose then that itd go away…Just was odd hadnt seen that one yet

Yea thats what I meant that i was noticing

Like I said, it’s not the greatest tracking method, but when they are mudded and you are outta options it helps.

ok cool! I think there is an increasing disparity between what we are now saying it can do vs what is claimed in the post. However, I think it is super cool we are doing the science and are all on the same team doing it!

Yea def an interesting find nonetheless