New FT Classes - C.I.A., Medic, Researcher/Lab Tech

It’s cool, we’re good. We all want a better game.

For me, I like making suggestions. I like reading others suggestions because they’re interesting or funny or they give me ideas.
I tried to include things in the OP (original post) that would make the engagements more interesting while not necessarily buffing the damage out put of the team.

The C.I.A, is good for sneaking off and being a distraction then fading away, or could be with the right perks. If the Pred wipes the team, they have a good shot at calling in reinforcements.

The Medic lets the FT have better heals and faster pick up, but if you use those pickups you can’t quick heal yourself and your bonus kit is only usable on your team. Your fighters can spend more time trading but they need to protect you.

The Researcher is good at objectives at the cost of not being the best soldier. They give new ways to secure a small portion of the map, but the new resources are destroyable. They’re limited by set up time and can mostly only be placed and left, not picked up and moved, so you need to pick a good spot. If you load up on equipment you’re sacrificing weapons and lowering the teams total dps overall.

Even running 4 of any of these classes won’t (shouldn’t) unbalance the match. I’m sure it will happen with Medic and Researcher. Researchers self balance by trading weapons. Medic gives me slightly more worry because there’s no check on them running meta guns. If necessary the extra health bag could be permanently locked to the secondary weapon slot. Don’t think it will be necessary though.

this is why i dont play FT…!!! to ez

You only got 60 dmg, lol

Edit - I kid. That’s a really nice score, you on PC? (Dumb me, it shows you are in the picture.)
PS. If I ever call you donglord you’ll know why.

ya
only 60

Concepts are interesting but over all not really needed, ft has so many means to heal themselves a medic class would just be…there I guess you could say, cia op: that’s just a given for people to complain ft is op even though that passive ability would be over all useless. I don’t use the pred thermal to mark my targets I just use it to locate noise to track my enemies, find boar and what with the mud up ability I use my eyes to visually see me prey so again not really needed but still interesting concepts.

Must admit, I’ve never gotten that high in damage. :)

Must have been a halfway decent Predator and game to have been able to heal up that many times for you to get that kind of damage. Would have been nice to have seen the entire player list.

Also didn’t realise you were Flash Gordon. I’ve heard your name a few times. I think some of the guys in the group I play with a lot went up against you recently. I can’t remember the outcome though, only that it was a close game.

I’ve never had the pleasure. ;)

i dont know i haven’t died in like 3 months

As Predator or Fire Team?

predator

besides the city hunter glitch got me last week forgot… couldnt move

In solo is actually more challenging compare to play as 4 or to play pred. Pred is too easy, premade is too easy, solo ft is the only thing with a little bit of challenge specially with 3 ps4 players agaisnt a pc pred.

true… its mostly nade dmg and magnum pistol dmg… i think he healed 4 times total of pigs… we lost 2 ps4 players toward the end and they quit… a full 12 min match and this is all this ps4 assult did…

Hey @Lazycollinator you ever gonna come back and tell me what you think? 😁

shiieet I forgot to do that. 1 sec

Okay so back to the question I had earlier, can you explain this equipment/gear system you have worked out?

Ok, so every thing is divided into one of the three categories we already have. Primary, Secondary and Gear. Based on a combination of utility and size. Think of them a small modification to what a FT can do, things that let us try new tactics and be surprised sometimes.

It’s set up right now for a specific class, Researcher/Lab Tech… nerds basically. Other classes might be given the option to take Equipment but it may be limited to only one slot depending on your class. That way Researchers will retain their utility by being able to select both.

Instead of selecting a a gun in their Primary Slot they might take one of the Equipment items, maybe a Drone or a Turret. They could then choose to take a gun as there Secondary so they have a weapon, or no gun and get the Non-Target Status (no red icon). If they don’t have a gun in the Secondary slot they might take a piece of equipment that lowers mission time by letting you do activities immediately. ie. Sat. Up-link or mini Lab.

Primary and Secondary slot Equipment items can also be effected by Equipment that occupies Gear slots/points. So if you take a drone you might want more control and take a Remote, or you might want a gun on-board (note - the drone turret is fired by using the Spot feature, you don’t aim it and pull the trigger unless you’re actively piloting it, and even then it might still work off spot. For balance.)

I see, Very interesting concepts. In the current game I obviously cant see it working exactly. However that being said, its interesting nonetheless.

Tbh Im not 100% certain how they would make it work, but its not impossible.

Well the way it’s written currently, you’d just add an Equipment section to each weapon slot and select the that way. So for instance, you take the Seismic Doohickey, it looks like a briefcase. You’re that guy with a briefcase in the middle of the jungle.

When you get to a compound you’re going to fight at, you deploy it and it adds ground impact readings to your mini map, little expanding circles.
The Pred can destroy it (two-ish hits from the PC) and probably find it with an iso-scan.

I tried to suggest things with easy application, nothing that should take a huge amount of code (well maybe the drone or turret will).

1 Like

Oh I mean I know how it will work technically, But I mean in the overall big picture of gameplay balance and such.

Seismic doohickey is OP. Nerf now.

1 Like