New Gotham Knights trailer RED HOOD!

So sweet 😎

2 Likes

His mask looks like Deadpool

3 Likes

image No it doesn’t not much dark circles

I don’t get it, they have plenty of other DC characters they can rely on and build a proper game and story on and yet, they keep bringing up these things closer and tightly related to BATMAN.

Wanted to see other things picked up. A green lantern game, a Swamp thing game, a Constantine, Martian man hunter…idk.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. However Batman is DCs most lucrative IP. It always makes $, so fiscally it makes sense to stay close to that. Plus, that gameplay formula (Arkham games) has proven a massive success as well. The Red Hood dlc from Arkham Knight was fantastic, as was most of the others, so I’m not at all surprised that all the dlc characters are back here.

Green Lantern would be the easiest to do, imo. There are very few constraints on it, as it’s based primarily in space etc. Plus, your artists/programmers could really let loose with construct designs. And you could also have a huge roster of Lanterns to play as.

Swamp Thing is a fantastic idea as well. An action/horror game based on Swampy could be amazing, like R.E. 4/5/6, but with powers instead of guns. The hard part here is where to draw the line with Swampy, because of how powerful he really is. He has basically limitless powers, provided the entire planets flora isn’t dead. It would take a really good writing team to pull it off, I think. I definitely want it though.

Constantine and Dr Fate would be my next choices. And finally, I would LOVE a game based on the Red Lanterns, where you create your own Red Lantern and no other Lanterns, save the Sinestro corps appear. It should play like Dantes Inferno and be just as brutal, imo.

1 Like

On the Lanterns, they could actually pull off a title with lanterns at the centre being the Green lantern. Would be easy to expand from that to other lantern corps and make obscure ties with the Arkham series because, why not?

I agree with your points you made, they have material, Wonder Woman would be also a good choice to expand on and integrate in the Arkham verse.

However despite the Montreal attempts, they did not do a better job as Rocksteady did and does. Those guys have all the creative power, vision and most importantly passion for the BATMAN or DC franchise.

That being said, I wait for the Suicide squad more than this Gotham knights thing. I just like how Rocksteady and DC have a chemistry together and I am sure Suicide squad of Rocksteady will blow Gotham Knights away, in every sense and in every level. Even by the trailers you get a hint of how things are.

As for making money, I think Superman is more known or at least at the same level of batman for example. Is not like they can’t work and introduce others in the spotlight anyway.

Wonder Woman in a God of War type game would be sick AF!

Superman, despite being the OG DC hero and once a cash cow, has lost his place as top dog. Batman has, since the 90’s, been on top, fiscally. Mostly, imo, because people can imagine themselves as him, or a sidekick because they’re human. Supermans powers on paper make him unrelatable, but his moral compass is what makes him more relatable, but not as much as Bats. It’s hard to relate to a god.

That’s also why Spiderman blows them all out of the water in terms of sales. He’s the most relatable. He has a reasonable set of powers, not too much, not too little and he has all the problems of a regular person. He’s amazing (pun intended).

1 Like

A. I like how you pull a completely different mask to make your point

B. Like, not is

The spider-man thing bringing relatable things is kind of awkward for me, given the fact that at one point in the comics he confesses to a rape (or victim of molestation, was a kid, from what I remember) that his Uncle Ben kind of “put his finger up his butt”. Every time I hear people liking or relating to spider-man is kind of weird for me because of that.

By the way, what the hell happened to Kass? Does anybody know?

BACK TO DC UNIVERSE ONLINE YOU GO

I hate it

At least the rest of the body makes up for it

Though the superpowers are wierd

What issue number, or I’m calling shenanigans

"Was Peter Parker sexually abused as a child? Is this a canon?

Answer

Follow

Request

Details

More

All related (31)

Recommended

Profile photo for Philip Sorbello

Philip Sorbello

·

Follow

Lives in Pennsylvania (1968–present)4y

Originally Answered: Was Peter Parker sexually abused as a child? Is this Canon?

In 1984, the National Committee for the Prevention of Child Abuse, with Marvel Comics, created a one shot SpiderMan/Power Pack comic in which it is revealed that Peter Parker was molested by Steven “Skip” Westcott, a teenage boy from a broken home. Young Peter Parker gets up the courage to tell Uncle Ben and Aunt May, his guardians, what happened, but nothing occurs in the story’s narrative to indicate that Skip was ever punished and sent to prison.

The focus of the story only covers how children should react to this situation, rather than what will happen to the perpetrator. Three years later, the NCPCA releases another comic with Marvel in which Spider-Man recollects the events during a fight with the Hobgoblin.

Marvel does consider the Power Pack issues as canon within the Marvel Universe. It was a strong message to get accoss to children, that if something like this happens to you tell an adult. Seeing a super hero as a victim and having that strength and bravery, was a great idea, to show even the mighty can be victims but they had the strength and bravery to get help."

My bad. Was some other guy, not uncle Ben.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Uncle Ben is a paragon of virtue, you bastard! I actually had an issue of Spidey/Power Pack as a kid, I recall. And yeah, it’s pretty intense for kids. Funny story though, it’s about a kid that gets semi-molested by his babysitter and Spiderman kinda intervenes. The funny part was they drew the babysitter as a hot girl going after a young boy and it now reminds me of the South Park episode “Miss Teacher bangs a boy” in that for any boy over the age of 12 then, it probably had the opposite effect of the message thanks to the art

tenor (2)

Welp, still awkward for me when I think of it.