New He-Man Netflix show

no the original 70s show was gay…like hypertestosterone men running around in thongs.
But these new ones impart alot of bi-relationship , asexual characters which tones down the sexy which i don’t think ever works.

The old show was no more gay than any superhero comic or pro wrestling show, or conan the barbarian. The only kinda gay character was Bow in She-ra, but it was never explicit. That’s you bringing your own thoughts into it. He-man himself is straight. He’s into Teela and the wind up married down the road.

Well the whole thing about these shows are to peak the curiosity of children under 10. Anyone older might think the whole thing is not up their alley. They are made under a studio budget too so thats why they either make fewer or too many episodes.

The old shows were made to sell toys. And the FCC back in the day had very strict policies on kids programming involving marketing, violence, sex, etc. So the writers had to get creative when writing about important subjects, but as an old fart who has followed the MOTU brand his whole life (cuz I’m a huge feckin nerd), I can say with some authority that ONLY the new She-ra show promoted and kind of LGBT messages. The new cg show may, but I haven’t seen enough of it yet to decide. I expect the next She-ra show to do the same. People said Teela and Andra were gay in Revelation, but I contend the people’s minds inserted it for themselves, either because they wanted it to be there or were looking for one more thing to be pissed about. Any two characters can be good friends without being in a sexual relationship. To say that two characters MUST end up in a romantic relationship just because is stupid.

ITs like that Star Trek Discovery thing. The gay sexual is displayed there, but so are alot of other relationships. Is the new She-ra the same thing? Because unless there is the word Queer in the title I dont think all the characters in the whole show is like that.

I dont want to see sex at all in those cartoons. Its not the point IMHO.

Oh check this out!

Looks like they left that show in the dust now are using this maybe?

1 Like

It certainly should not be the point. The point should always be to entertain and tell good stories first and foremost. And to hock action figures.

I like the trailer and the vibe. Reminds me of first the essense of Reboot and some of the Beastwars stuff which was what was out during my later highschool years. I practically feasted on Transformers G1 and Thundercats stuff.

I also wonder if the Thundercats might be going this route too in CGI.

1 Like

Nope they did this lol

I make fun of thunder cats on here for that show lol

@thundercats

1 Like

There was an anime prior to this. Can’t say I’m all too interested in that one. Not sure why.

Thundercats 2011? Ya it got canceled after season 1 apparently even though some fans liked it then they made that show👆🏾and it’s just sad 😔

Its all about studio budgets and their way of doing things. Literally someanime studios rock out the same looking models and you’d swear its the same studio that did the Flashpoint anime…or Castlevania…etc,etc…money money money. and I’m not much of a fan of the style either.

Rankin/Bass was the shit. I swear. Those guys did Tigersharks too.
I watch anything cool like that even Bionic Six was an awweseome studio.
But of course all that it really appealed was their choice of models.

1 Like

Dang looked at all those animators work they made the original hobbit I didn’t even know that lol

Rankin/Bass is a real deal thing. But their models consist of very articulate models somemight equate it to Studio Ghibli style but more articulate. Thus their animations suffered because of that because im sure it takes a long time to hand draw things but their effects/explosion style had stuff from gundam/voltron at least for their intros and money shots. But most of their regular episodes were just static shit.

1 Like

at least it ain’t the animated LOTR lol

I remember alot of that was rotoscoped but LOTR 1989 was done by some other company. It was beautiful as fuck but it wasn’t action(martial arts) oriented. Just more like stage acting. LOTR animated was a masterpiece I believe Rankin Bass did The Return of the King (1980). reminds my of some good ol joint smoking dayss!

Ya when I first saw that, I was like WTF they skipped the first 2 movies lol