New map/mode with a horror feeling to it

This is an old request that i’ve asked for a long time ago, i think it would be great with more ambient sounds in the current maps, or upcoming, atleast some maps where we get to experience more of the sounds that the wildlife makes aswell as having weather changes.
Maps that starts with the normal weather that we currently have, but after a short while the weather starts changing, darker clouds starts forming in the sky and draws over the jungle, mist starts appearing, followed by rain, thunder and lightning strikes that brings a scarier approach to the game.

The visibility for both the Fireteam and the Predator gets reduced from time to time because of this, and if you look up the raindrops lands on your screen and fades after a few seconds.
Once the Predator is near the Fireteam all of the ambient animal sounds will stop, as a sign from mother nature that something bad is about to happen.

I want a more horror feeling to the game, or a new game mode / maps that has it, not every map should have this.
This videoclip below is a great inspiration source.

5 Likes

Fog could be another random weather condition along with rain

1 Like

Like this 😁

1 Like

Just give a one in 5 chance that the game starts at night and put narrow beam torches on FT guns so they can only see small areas clearly. Like the lights in left4dead.

2 Likes

They datamined an image of what looks to be a predator camp complete with mangled corpses and trophies strewn about

I agree about new mode with more horror feeling. I posted this topic to have new mode ideas :

DEMON’s DEN:

The mission of the FT is to locate the Predator’s shelter to remove an artifact and destroy his refuge.
For this they must find clues like the bodies in the trees and then enter this cave to steal the predator technology. They can place explosives in the cave to destroy it and then return to the extraction point.

The Predator must protect his refuge with traps and by eliminating FT.

BLAIN’s BODY:

In this mode FT have a limit time to prepare a camp with traps before nightfall. The objective for FT is to protect a body before daylight (as in the Predator movie with Blain’s body) with traps.

The objective of the predator is to pass through these traps to recover the body before daylight.
The Predator must not use letal weapons, here he just steal the body (one by one in the Predator honnor code).

The atmosphere can make stressing situation in the night with Predator’s lurking around FT.

1 Like

Fog, definitely. Rain, no thanks. My cloak doesn’t like the rain so much, remember when the sprinklers activate in Predator 2? Yeah, trying to avoid that happening in the game😊

I suppose

Plot armor…

You can have hailstones as a compromise, as long as they do 0.1 damage to FT for every one that hits them😈

I think real light rain would be ok

More like a jungle mist

1 Like

Oh ya that’s canon, they should buff cloak but when it rains sizzle off our cloak and that be the only way they can see us 😈

rain wouldnt be good your mud become useless and ft whould spot pred every time because you whould decloak everytime…but more nature sounds intresting and for the fog also good…and a night mission superb but pred whould have hughe advantage with his vision qeustionable there but there are great ideas in

So skip those results of the rain, currently the mud doesn’t go off if you walk through a waterfall, stand in the water coming from the pipelines on Backwater, run or crouch in water, your body temperature doesn’t go up when running etc, so i guess it doesn’t matter. I just want the better horror feeling to the game.

1 Like