New Mechanic: Trigger the Alarm on purpose~!

Go to do it. Make it happen Illfonic!
I want to be able to deliberately get Stargazer units coming on full blast!

Interact: disables the alarm
Shooting the top of the pole attached to the alarm becomes the 2nd way to disable it.
Shooting the body of the alarm will trigger the alarm (kind of makes sense no? consider it fail safe since it is a security device ).

I was going to place this in feedback but then…what the hell.

Done, thank you.

1 Like

Or, hear me out just shootin in the dark here, but what if you just let the AI activate the alarm when they see you instead?

1 Like

yeeah but its just like…and…
I want to give the FT first dibs! because strategy!
and you can do it with a silencer or a melee. Which means you can do it as a sniper from far away while everyone is mud up…ok? This means preds are not going to know where you are still.
FT is going to be far away from the alarm if done right. Now thats a true decoy if Ive seen any!

Are you gonna hear me out or what!?

Not a bad idea for a distraction at a distance I guess, but in the event you have to be in said area later in the mission, you’d be putting yourself at a disadvantage as there would now be a retard platoon awaiting you.

1 Like

This is a co-ordinated strategy. Playstations never talk to each other so they are at a disadvantage. I’m right , right? Its not like they get on their phone lines and call each other. The only people on mics are 5 year olds.
Anyway like I said, this would be done on a whim ad i’m sure this would get people to hustle alot more.

I’m on mic all the time. Often berating my rag tag group of delinquents for not having a clue, and sometimes I’ll find some people are just in group chat…

PC players are mostly in their own private chat as well, and this is honestly pretty lame because no ones talking shit back and forth anymore. A lot of players don’t even know there’s cross chat between pred and fireteam which blows my mind as it’s a useful tactic in itself to taunt or mislead the other guy.

Yeah, there’s a good risk/reward dynamic so go for it.

Well its just like, if illfonic adds this in, it just makes Alarm boxes sophisticratism. Which the anti-sophistricrats will have a field day with. You don’t want to step on their bigotry toes.

No I do not

1 Like

lol and you thought ps players running into camps alone & not disabling alarms while you’re trying to fight the pred is bad

Can’t wait for them to run around spawning in waves of AI just by trying to shoot the AI thats walking to the box

The AI hardly shoots at pred unless he’s in their face, this is just for trolling your team and ending the game faster.

Just allow the pred to trigger the alarm himself, problem solved 👍

you guys have it too esasy. GET GUD!~