New meta, Yautja Bow buffed

I don’t recommend running recon or scout, any longer. Apparently, the Yautja Bow now does 57 damage uncharged. Therefore, you’ll want to have more than 171 base health to survive more than 3 hits, especially against PC predators. They will jump around like they’re on crack, spamming rapid fire arrows, and kill downed players faster than they can be revived, unless you have a field medic. I put together a list of builds that have at least 171 health.

Builds with over 171 effective health

Dutch 87

• Base while mudded 172

• thick skin 180

• Thick skin while mudded 200

• Thick skin & OWLF 195

• Thick skin & OWLF while mudded 216

Dutch 25

• OWLF 174

• Thick skin 185

• Thick skin & OWLF 201

Support

• Base 175

• OWLF 190

• Thick skin 200

Dante

• OWLF 174

• Thick skin 185

• Thick skin & OWLF 201

• OWLF while sprinting 217

• Thick skin while sprinting 231

• Thick skin & OWLF while sprinting 251

OWLF Operator

• Thick skin 177

• Thick skin and OWLF 193

Assault

• Thick skin 175

• Thick skin and OWLF 190

You’ll want to start with one of these builds, then use the remaining perk points, specializations, and weapons to determine what role you want to fill. Every team should have at least one support, preferably with field medic, and the rest of the team should orbit that player like they’re the sun (stay within 20m).

4 Likes

I tried scout the other day

So squishy

1 Like

good, you guys will not only be solid, but horribly slow, that perfect i love slow targets for my bow : )

Great post. Love the effective hp calculation.

Can you do recon and scout so we can compare?

2 Likes

Boy I really wish they’d fix the bow. Only been two months. Fuck a duck. 🤦‍♂️

4 Likes

150 with thick skin. OWLF = 150/0.92 = 163. Recon and scout are the same.

3 Likes

Nice job. How much is the damage with downrange?

Nearly 63, but you can’t really build around that. Basically you’d need 190 effective health to not get 3 tapped.

Yes, there 3 shot bow + downrange is the new meta 😁

So when did this increase in damage happen to the bow?

Im just shooting at crouching FTs, but probably this update since the charged shots are still buggy.

1 Like

I’m not sure, but it must have been very recent, probably the past update.

1 Like

Well with the support buff and both perks you get about 190 health on recon and scout

How much damage does the bow do on a headshot?

True. But if your support goes down, the team would fall apart.

It’s better to hit that 4 hit threshold and have the support passive be a bonus.

Ya but if your running two field medics that shouldn’t happen

1 Like

Not sure. Someone on the forums might know. I’ll post once I can get around to testing it.

1 Like

The whole point of running recon and scout is mobility, but if you must stay within 20m of your support, why have more mobility, especially because scout gives up almost all gear space for it.

I was just saying they can reach the tank threshold.

As to practicality eh

1 Like

I get you. The whole point of my post was to point out which builds can meet that threshold individually.

Technically, while sprinting a Scout can hit the threshold as well, but if they stop to complete the mission, activate the reinforcements, or attempt a revive, it’s 3 and out.

1 Like