New Page for P:HG Guide, Thermal vs Mud

P:HG Guide Thermal vs Mud Camouflage

Images used for demonstration.

5 Likes

damn ice cold and spotter is fucking crazy

4 Likes

Too bad thermal isn’t even worth using aside from toggling it on for 3s to tag people

1 Like

You’ve never found Thermal Vision itself useful? Thermal footprints? Locating Ammo boxes and Medic Kits to destroy? Seeing players in dense foliage? Target isolation? Noise bubbles?

1 Like

No I honestly think its awful and makes tracking players harder considering how loud and directional everything in the game is.

Okay. I tweaked my settings until I can easily see movement in Thermal, so visual tracking isn’t a problem. Higher gamma and lower contrast is important.

As far as the noise, I agree that it can obscure directional audio. Illfonic should have made a distortion filter rather than an audio overlay. 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

But visual tracking was never a problem. It was never hard to see people. Mud makes it harder to play with over just not using it to begin with & learning to play with it off.

Really no justifying the extra drain on energy for such a bad visual crutch that adds insult to injury by muffling all your audio & being susceptible to thermal nades/mud.
Thermal in this game is either pointless energy draining flair or a direct hinderance.

You can already see everyone just fine in default “FT vision”, not to mention the giant floating icon above their head.

At most its ok for sniping through foliage at weird angles but the travel time on pred weapons is so high anyway that thats too circumstantial to be relevant to the overall use of thermal.

I honestly couldn’t play without the thermal

2 Likes

Yeah. I don’t mind how it works in PHG. I could imagine worse systems, either useless or overpowered. I probably use thermal close to 35 - 45% of most hunts.

1 Like

So basically you don’t need ice-cold for OWLF. Just spotter and mud up and you are good.

Yes. Ice cold is very unnecessary on OWLF OP.

How though?

I think its mostly in your head. Have you tried playing a match and just using it for tagging then not relying on it to highlight people for you?

If you pretend its not there its easy, atleast in the compounds as practice.

Maybe I play too much Clash but I can spot anyone in foliage.

Do you play on Console? I can’t remember.

PC

Does pred have that mandatory motion blur on console?

Okay.

I’m not sure. You could find someone streaming PS5 without the frame rate cap, and that’s as good as it gets.

Even on my computer I couldn’t follow the body’s as easily as with the contrast in vision mode, but I have logged years in the AVP and AVP 2 gold online (computer not console) my eyes just find the hard consrast