New Predator Class: Celtic(Concept)+Bonus Weapon Concept

PHG quick fact:
Did you know the overload cooldown time is actually equal to the total energy capacity divided by the energy per second regeneration.

So, going by 1300 Capacity and 85 regeneration, your cooldown would be 15.3 seconds.

1 Like

Why not make the wrist net stronger but less ammo. 5 nets, 4 second interaction to remove, canā€™t be broken by teammates, 5 initial damage with 5 damage per second, and 3 gear cost.

4 secs and only 5 damage???

Nah man.

6 seconds, 10 per sec.

Thatā€™s 60 damage over 6 seconds. 40 to escape.

40 damage is fair enough, hell i wish the regular Netgun did that.

Think about that. If one was to play like me with the net gun and shut down guns so you can pressure the others but the netgun did THAT much damageā€¦ Itā€™d be easy claps against almost any team.

Although I do agree with Skoolboy in the sense that it should do more damage than the regular net, sitting at 4 damage per second is plenty imo. Thatā€™s 16 damage over four seconds and 5 initial damage along with any additional damage that was applied while the player was netted.

Nah 40 damage over 4 seconds for the Netgun is fine. 3 wristblade strikes do 90 damage in half that time whilst the Bow & caster each do 40+ with a bodyshot uncharged and Predator still dies in 2 seconds up close regardless. The netgun doing similar damage to every other ranged option would be fine considering its now the worst ranged option and jumping a team with it ainā€™t gonna do much.

If you were to hit somebody with a Netgun that actually did 40 damage over 4 seconds and hit them 3 times with the wristblades: thatā€™s only gonna down a Scout, Recon & Izzy WITHOUT a Support on the team or without Thick Skin or OWLF Trained. And itā€™d still take 6 seconds to actually do, assuming the Netgunā€™s 4 second DOT procs. Just 1 other team mate could 2nd wind you in 1/3 of that time up close.

Itā€™d still be more beneficial to use the Netgun to even the odds in a 2v1 scenario, you Net one and then focus on the other player.

1 Like

So less ammo, I would put it like 5 normal, maybe 6 worth large pouch.
Youd have to really plan it out.

You couldnt just shoot it.
To balance it, make it so pred has to reload for like 3 seconds, and cant attack.

He should only be able to move and leap during this time. He wouldnt be able to switch to anything either.

So yeah, really good, but only good if used during good opportunities. Iā€™m basically imagining something like from evil dead.
The survivors are strong there, but the demon isnā€™t a push over stat wise unlike predator.

Anyone else remember when the Netgun used to be known as more than just a mildly irritating net that Fireteam can escape in 2 seconds flat? Particularly in movies but also in the game.

Also technically speaking, the mechanic of freeing your Fireteam members with a knife also shouldnā€™t even be possible because in AVP the net fuckin broke Weylandā€™s knife

The fact the netgun runs on button mashing instead of hold to escape like EVERY OTHER INTERACTION in the game is what makes it bad.

1 Like

5 initial damage then 5 per second, so 25 minimum damage if you free yourself as soon as possible.

The Wrist launcher does 50 damage, 25 initial hit & 25 DOT. Why would the Netgun be weaker than that.

I reckon the Net should deal a bit of bleed damage after it comes off too.

I also think the Bear Traps should make you slowed if you manage to escape them and can only sprint slightly slower than a default Support.

I mean in Predators 2010 Edwin got caught in a Bear Trap and tried to stand up - gets straight back down on his ass and hobbles along for the rest of the moviešŸ¤£

There needs to be more DOT & similar effects across the board in general. Iā€™ve said for the longest time that each Class should have unique effects for their Wristblades & Slam.

For example, Scoutā€™s wristblades should inflict Bleed DOT after the initial hit, about 5 bleed DOT for every hit. So a full combo would inflict 15 bleed that lasts for 5 seconds after. And their Slam should have a slightly smaller radius but inflict both Blindness & Slowness on any FT hit by it.

Hunter should have slightly faster wristblade swings with no DOT effects but should have a Slam that is about 5 metres larger in AOE radius than other classes.

Berserker should drain 20 Stamina from the Fireteam every time they hit them with their Wristblades, so as to reduce the risk of parrying & knife counterattacks and have a Slam that mimics a Bear trap and stuns FT in place with electricity for 3 seconds.

Classes like Cleo for example could inflict Burning DOT with both their Wristblade attacks & their Slam, which would have a fiery aura effect instead of the standard electric pool it is for others.

Stuff like that would help in making every Predator actually feel like they have functions besides various health, energy & stamina pools. You could actually build classes towards ideas then, like maybe introduce a Perk into the game that buffs DOT effects or adds a Classeā€™s DOT effect to all of their weapons so you could have Burning, or Bleed builds going on.

1 Like

Yeah man those are all great ideas šŸ‘

The hit and run tactic employed by some Yautja that fit the bill of a Scout in this game that I have seen in novels etc really do seem all the more viable with this change.

Itā€™s genuinely like the tactic used by Komodo Dragons to kill prey. They bite, inflicting a venomous bite, move away and wait, then attack again and repeat this until their prey finally falls

Ya thatā€™s too low.

He takes no head shot damage on the account of him having a hole in his head then

Scout should be focused on plasma.
So stronger plasma, maybe bigger splash radius and more direct hit damage. Better cloak too.

Hunter should be bow and combi focused.
Maybe poison arrows, and a special combi attack?

Zerk should get the ability to stun with melee.

Stuff like that.

Better bear traps for hunter too.

1 Like

Because it also locks people up and unable to revive, aim, activate sprint, parry, or use a field syrette.

1 Like

I just wanna be able to parry a Fireteam knife, knock em down, and ram my spear in their eye socket!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

3 Likes