Night maps coming soon.

The new main menu screen is at night. Looks like we will get night versions soon. This will be dope!

1 Like

Wtfc no it does not. The organization one was also had a night backdrop.

I hope your right. The lighting from the new menus would be sick too. Dusk.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure but I think one of the devs said night maps are out of the question quz it was impossible to see the predator at all during tests

Yeah that was my take on night time. Look at avpr that movie is dark as fuck and they are in a urban environment image the jungle. Also the hindered sight of night vision or even a flash light would be stupid. Ever play Ewok Hunt on bf2 that night time was crazy dark. 100% agree that a night map would be terrible

I was thinking the same, I can see huge fires lit-up at night fucking with Pred’s thermal vision.

There’s vehicles with lights on staged on the maps, construction lights running on the maps too, plus the FOBs have interior and exterior lighting that also functions.

Would be cool to make torches and have bows with fire arrows like Dutch crafts. Also booby-traps by both sides would be amazing!

Additionally, FT could unlock flashlight attachments, night-vision scopes, NVGs for tactical helmets — which already have the mount installed on them — and the thermal flares could be used to light-up places at night that we already have in-game.

2 Likes

Do you have a link or something? Curious to hear what they said about this.

Yea that would be cool. Even if it’s hard to see for everyone the flares would make it interesting. Then the predator would really have to rely on his motion trackers. I think it provides a different approach to an already existing map.

1 Like

They could do a time day-night cycle, matches start out during the day and slowly progress towards a night setting much like all the movies do.

2 Likes

Night is more doable than a city map. It doesn’t have to be pitch black with flashlights like you’re playing STALKER lol. Good opportunity for flares, fires etc to screw with pred vision.

1 Like

I want a night map to be pitch black, for it makes the moment more intense when things go crazy.

2 Likes

If the pred is impossible to see in the dark:
-then add rain. Invisibility doesn’t work.

The FT to easy to spot via thermal in the dark?
-The FT could get mudded up to a small degree via sprinting with all the extra mud.

Pred still invisible in the dark, even without cloak?
-his running is louder due to the slosh of mud under his feet.

If none of this is doable, then just let us have the option in private match. Some people want to feel the terror of being hunted and don’t care if its too one sided.

1 Like

Jupiter’s Ghost! night maps is what I live for!

1 Like

I personally feel it would be more balanced if -

There are lots of light sources- such as street lamps or even just moonlight
FIRES to screw with thermal vision
Perhaps the mechanic of NIGHT vision (NOT THERMAL VISION. Files for this have been found through datamining apparently) - which can always be on a limited cooldown - perhaps even those who use it have a glint or the lenses glow Sam Fisher style so the pred knows who is using it so can time when to strike.

The map just needs to be well designed with a good balance of light and shadow.

2 Likes