Now...... can there be a Rage Quit mechanic?

When a Predator rage quits just as the 10 second countdown hits, you are stuck with no Predator in the game.

Starting to notice this a little more on FT and as Predator, it has always bothered me that FT just drop out of a match, when I have waited X amount of time for a game.

Can we PLEASE implement some form of ‘TIME OUT’ system for people that create these situations.

It probably doesnt help with the queue times with people just going in and dropping out of games constantly.

8 Likes

I 1000% agree that their needs to be a rage quit penalty.

1. If a fire team member quits a match before it ends, the Predator immediately gets credit (XP) for a kill (the rage quitter).

2. If a Predator rage quits before a match ends, the entire fire team gets an XP reward and is allowed to continue the mission to further their XP rewards.

I can’t stand it when fire team members rage quit and you loose credit for killing them in the final summary.

4 Likes

Lol this would be great

2 Likes

Yeah it sorta needs to be addressed.

I wouldn’t say a Timeout per say.

I would say if you Rage quit as the Predator there should be an amount of Games you need to play as the Fire Team.

And as Fire Team players who quit out at the start of the match or when Zeus is talking should be given a strike.

1st strike: no VT can be earned for next match
2nd strike: You forfeit your daily.
3rd strike: Forfeit the weekly’s

Strikes Refresh daily but punishment is refreshed weekly but can be stacked.

So if a player gets Three strikes two days in a row thats two weekly’s forfeited.

4 Strikes in a day results in a 12 hour ban from
The game.

Also 3 strikes means no Private lobbies either

1 Like

What about a Predator that successfully arms the Bomb and leaves after that.

Predator leaving after that point isnt a rage quit its just quiting cause your game is over.

It’s not legal to ban someone from the game just because he ragequits. If he bought the game and respect PSN rules he can play how he wants. Max it can be is penalties in the game.

1 Like

Lol I love how I suggested bots for everytime a F.T member quits before a match but even bots do it to lol 😂

1 Like

Ban is a wrong word I guess restrict them from access their servers so they can only play private offline matches

I don’t agree with any type of restriction (ban) for x amount of time or a restriction on VT as that can just get ugly.

I believe that a simple XP reward for remaining players would solve the problem with little need for extensive work by the development team.

It’s simple, when the game starts… if you leave before the ending summary screen, other players get the XP reward for you leaving.

In theory I’m fine with the idea. But it won’t work properly. People will be penalized for disconnecting due to the games issues.

Correct, But if there’s no penalty to the people who quit/ get disconnected and only an XP reward for those remaining players in the match then it would work out with no problems.

Yeah but XP does nothing for players at 150. Taking that away won’t deter anyone for leaving early.

I’m against punishing people for leaving early since if the game were to crash, or someone’s ping is low in a match and they get booted, or they get stuck and can’t move and they get booted from the match, then why should they be punished? Also if the pred is dead then why punish them for not sticking around to watch the FT dance on their corpse? Same goes for FT who have died after reinforcements.

I’ve had several matches where I killed fire team members and didn’t get any credit for the kills in the end because they quit before the match ended. It gets me soooo aggravated.

If not distributing XP, then Illfonic needs to fix that “bug” and have the points applied, regardless if someone quits.

I wouldn’t say the Predator is being “punished”. After the Predator is killed, the game ends momentarily anyway.

Quoting out of a match is bad sportsmanship, weather your playing as a Predator or Fire Team. It needs to be addressed 100%.

Quitting during a match where you can do something is bad sportsmanship and can only be excused if you have other more pressing matters, quitting when there’s literally nothing for you to do but watch others play is not bad sportsmanship that’s just wanting to get back in to the queue instead of hanging around twirling your thumbs for bread crumbs.

Also what does it matter if the kills don’t add up when they quit? Will it affect your tracked overall kill counter and personal stats?

Start with like 25% health next match?

Fuck it, give em 1 HP XD

Or loadout reset? Hmmmmm

1 Like

the only penalty they should add is simple

If your fireteam and you quit prior to reinforcement you can’t que hunt for 4 minutes

that’s it problem solved

the reason why ft quit so often is cause que times are too short they can literally find a game before reinforcement triggers so why wait?

and predators pretty much never quit in my experiace you might get a single predator quit usually from being afk once in 20 or so games which is fine

but you WILL get at least one FT quitter every 2-3 games sometimes every game in a days worth of sessions

no other punishment is needed you just have to tell them to play out the game or wait just like every other game does

1 Like

@OldKingHamlet THIS ☝🏽

1 Like

Phg needs a drop out drop in system
If a player leaves another player can join in whenever.

I also wouldn’t mind a 3 min time out if players quit a second time, first times a warning then the penalty.

1 Like

I think something like this would infuriate more people. It would have to be programmed a certain way to know the difference between actual, player-input quitting, and something beyond their control, like server drops, internet going out, power outages, pet or other human errors like accidental unplugging, etc. I’m unsure if Illfonic has the ability (or care) to do such a thing.

Just program it to sense when a player actively leaves the game. If like they don’t give the command to exit, it should not count against them