Open up predator movement

Absolutely. That would make playing predator so much more fun. Games like Warframe, Titanfall 2, and Destiny 2 are fun just because the movement mechanics.

4 Likes

Also a HUGE factor of why the Predator is so vulnerable is due to there literally being no “tree canopy”.

If you look at ghost Recon wildlands, the tree tops are so thick that it’s almost like they create another ceiling above you. You literally can only “spot” the pred by the leaves falling from certain trees, if the caster is aimed at you, or if the pred sprinted within 10 feet of you.

Even in movies, the predator is never actively hunted in the tree canopy because they never would knowingly jump into a slim tree with no cover, at a pace someone could track it at. (Tree movement speed has to be increased)

We need waaaaaay more trees to be able to jump on with branch systems, that make sense for the Predator to create sensible hunting paths, while having foliage be SUPER thick and dense (still able to shoot through looser foliage).

3 Likes

Genius.

1 Like

💯

i like all ideas, but hold melee weapons in predkour. YES PLS

1 Like

What if predator got a new gear item that allowed them the create new vantage points

Like a deployable anti grav platform

1 Like

Hehehehehe😏 you’re all gonna die now😈🤣
*Queue the Jerome Valeska laugh

1 Like

They should also make it so that everytime your Predator fuckin leaps and headbutts a damn branch he instead clambers up onto the branch quickly so you can leap again and don’t get melted

2 Likes

Yeah. I agree. This was an earlier suggestion.

1 Like

Yes that is also what I was thinking. It’s like in the Spider-Man game on PS4/5 where you automatically parkour over debris etc

2 Likes

I want that as well, but it would require significant coding.

My original suggestion would literally take minimal changes, like switching off a few conditional lines of code.

1 Like

Predator grapnel gun?

To get to extra high spots or make ziplines?

Improvised predkour wires?

I have been saying for years you basically have the perfect Predator formula in the Arkham series, so a grapling hook & zipwire launcher would just feed into that. Hell they should add the Shurikens in as Gear items ya throw out like Batarangs, not just as a skin for the Smart Disc.

2 Likes

Yes that’s exactly how the shurikens should be implemented

I would also love to add the ability to auto climb tree branches if I leap and accidently crash into one, that way its just smoother transitioning of movement rather than just falling awkwardly in front of Fireteam and getting shot at. Predators are robust, adaptable, and athletic beings after all, how would they not climb into an incoming tree branch during mid-leap?

Although I do ask why have melee weapons during predkour movement? You’re not even close to Fireteam in range to do anything with it.

2 Likes

Because, you should have your weapon ready, when you jump down. As of now, you have to jump down and then switch to a melee weapon.

2 Likes

Keep in mind it wasn’t always like this. We were able to hold onto our melee weapons in Predkour before they took that out to force you to a Ranged option, and we were also able to swap weapons & gear in mid-air before as well, but then they removed that too. FT can still do it though…

3 Likes

Why shouldn’t we be able to. Every shooter game I’ve ever played allows this. Such a strict stipulation on predators is part of the reason they take so much damage.

On top of that, it really makes playing predator feel clunky and unrewarding.

4 Likes

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm fair point…

Seems like it makes follow up attacks too quick for Fireteam to react from my guess of what they were thinking…after all they did admit they want to make it “fun for Fireteam” (yuck)

roll dodges are cancer in shooters

idc if you all played SWBF versus as han solo