Open up predator movement

Could we allow the predator to move and attack?

• allow ads and firing during leaps/jumps
  • allow the predator to throw traps and motion sensors while leaping/jumping
  • allow the predator to hold melee weapons in predkour
  • allow predator to throw 1st Light Attack melee while leaping/jumping

Predator movement has always felt clunky and limited, but allowing attacks to be done at basically any time should really smooth out movements while engaging with the Fireteam.
@Kassinaillia
@OldKingHamlet
@Courier

13 Likes

Probably what I’d want the most besides a new game mode

3 Likes

Yes and also add

Combat stance

allowing predator to block and perform other combos

For those one on one melee battles

3 Likes

This would be way too clunky.

We need better movement and performance for this.

1 Like

I think it would allow for better movement

In a one on one situation of course

You could add side steps

Lunge forward and back etc

3 Likes

I gotta say tho skool, if they put this in I want rolling dodges for ft and vaulting.

2 Likes

No trust me I’m with you all the way, I mentioned this back in 2020.
And a few times throughout the years.
It goes with my idea of a full melee style that if a skilled enough player uses it, they can dance around the ft.

I’d love to see it. But you know, I dont trust illfonic.

1 Like

I think it would be sick if the predator planted his combistick in the ground and kicked FT into the fucking stratosphere

In the AVP arcade game they had a move where they would throw the disc and it would create a whirlwind around them for sick knock back dmg

2 Likes

I think you might appreciate this since you said you started it with fighting games, I’d love to see like a highly skilled/trained pred that uses a form of pred martial arts or close combat training,
Just disarming and eliminating a group of enemies.

Like a true master with no wasted movement.
Idk not really a fighting game, but I’d love to see some stuff like a light version of devil may cry or something.

But that’s just cause I love fights and action like that.

Hell I’d enjoy seeing it in an animation even.

3 Likes

Block melee?

I think both the FT and Predator would be better with role dodges.

3 Likes

Vaulting for both too.
But yeah, I definitely agree.

2 Likes

It’s a good idea, but I would want the predator to have more movement in the trees like in the first movie.

3 Likes

You should also be able to stealth claim from the trees if they’re right under you also

The predator would drop down as the ft is hoisted up by their ankles and rip their head off right before they land leaving the headless body in effigy

3 Likes

Kind of off topic but I used to love that in aliens colonial marines as a xenomorph.
If you managed to get above a human while crawling on the ceiling youd slit their throat with your tail, and there was other stealth attacks too.

This would be so fun for this game, imagine stabbing an ft through a wall with your combi stick?

Stuff like that.

2 Likes

Arm chair game devs get a bad rap

1 Like

Lmfao, look I may not know how to program but god damn it, I got imagination.

2 Likes

That’s what a game director does isn’t it 🤣

1 Like

Excuse me while I apply at illfonic. Brb. Lol

2 Likes

I’ve said it for ages, Predator movement should treat sprinting like the Ninja Run from MGR, whilst sprinting you automatically hop over short inclines, vault over objects and auto climb onto short enough rooftops, as well as allowing the Predator to swing from a tree branch if they smack into whilst leaping which happens a lot

3 Likes