Parry rework. (New POV?)

Could the base “parry”, be more of a “collision of weapons and/or glance off eachother”? Could deal minimal dmg to both pred and FT?

Sort of like SWBF2? The fights are fluid, can be improved upon and keep momentum in the fight? Allowing for more movement and momentum within the game?

MAYBE

The last man standing mechanic can allow this type of “parry/stun” mechanic due to you being the soul person left?

Something different…

Thoughts?

4 Likes

I say remove…

We all know by now what my stance is

5 Likes

The problem with your last man standing idea is most Predators don’t want to go hand to hand with the last man. They rather just shoot him instead.

3 Likes

Yeah not a fan of Parry considering how horrible melee tracking is, and how easily you get melted using melee. Don’t get me wrong I will die using melee cuz I enjoy using it, It’s one of those things I’ve come to just endure. Given all the disadvantages to using melee as a predator parry should definitely not be the detriment that it is.

4 Likes

Not to mention you take damage when parry. I thought the whole point of parrying was to block incoming melee damage?

3 Likes

I made an old post saying this exact same thing and I got tore down by a few people saying ft are just knifing me in between and that Parry didn’t cause damage…🤷🏻‍♂️

2 Likes

All you gotta do to test it is parry the samurai sword and you’ll know you’re taking damage from parrys.

2 Likes

I really don’t like the melee combat in Star Wars battlefront 2.

Maybe if the Predator gets parried he has a less stun time compared to the fire team or gets damage resistance while the Predator is parried

I hate the melee combat in BF2. All it encompasses is who can spam the right trigger faster/better. It is horrible, a simple parry mechanic would have made it better.

2 Likes

Its not even a mechanic. The devs have stated that there is no parry in SBF2. The game is spam vs spam.