Patch Notes 2.50

For people who are confused why they couldn’t do anything for a year, there was a licensing issue apparently which didn’t allow them to update the game.

2 Likes

After playing a bunch of private matches, here are my thoughts on how the game is now:

As fireteam, it is a bit harder to shoot the pred in mid-air because the pred drops faster after leaping. It is a lot harder to shoot the pred in the trees now, as the pred can move very quickly on the branches. It takes more effort to shoot the pred moving on the tree branches with a sniper. Fireteam movement does feel slower and a bit sluggish.

As pred, the plasma pistol is definitely weaker now. Fully charged plasma caster shots are better and better movement on the trees makes it easy for pred to shoot plasma at fireteam and dodge sniper shots. The minigun does do a bit more damage to the pred now. Pred classes like the Wolf feel extremely fast on the ground and on the tree branches. The Scout class and the wrist launcher are still trash against good teams.

Overall, pred does seem a bit stronger but fireteam players that know what they’re doing can still counter the pred.

3 Likes

I figured this was it, it made the most logical sense. What I fail to mostly understand (I do know how NDAs work in the entertainment business) is why there wasn’t some kind of message to the community about it. Like, OKH could have popped on and said “hey u guiz, we’re working on a new licensing deal right now, please be patient.” I guess, unless they were specifically told to keep absolutely silent, they couldn’t be bothered to say such a thing, as I does make more sense to let the community continue to believe its abandonware in case the deal falls through than have to come back and say nope, it didn’t work out, sorry, bye.

1 Like

well they where most likely told to keep silent since I asked on twitter once about PHG status and all I got in response is that they could not currently talk about the game back in 2023 so they most likely wheren’t allowed to discuss anything related to this issue.

1 Like

I haven’t really played the game since early 2023 but I recently after this patch started playing again, it feels refreshing especaily with these new patches there are still major bugs that need fixing but atleast their going in the right direction with reworking the balance of the game and making it more functional again and making the predator actualy feel like a predator again and not an angry cat that has to hide in the trees every 30 seconds because it got shot up in not even a few seconds, and as somebody who pre ordered the game in epic games I completely 100% think the game still has a future and can work out if illfonic really focuses on the major bugs and stuff like new gamemodes and new maps, if they really just focus on improving those type of things the game will just be as good back when it launched in 2020/2021.

1 Like

The game 100% has a future, but @IllFonic NEEDS. TO. PRIORITIZE.

Rebalance the SAWZ and 1011. Increase Pred health. Rebalance most if not all Pred weapons. Re-evaluate the perks and specs for both sides and how they stack unfairly. Retool the number of perk and gear points for both sides that make more sense to the specific character. FIX THE RECKLESS EXPLOIT. The list is endless but these are the top issues we’ve been dealing with. And I get it, they want new players to be able to jump in and have a good time…you can do this without causing a massive disbalance. Predator NEEDS to be stronger all around, that’s the whole point. You need to emphasize the team element, that 3-4 players can take down a Pred but 1-2 cannot. FT needs to work together, that needs to be a focal point, you can’t buff certain weapons and classes to create a meta that everyone uses because you can solo with it. And if one person can solo with it, imagine fighting four people using the same thing. What’s the point in playing?

This update was alright. But other than fixing the axe, fixing Fanatic, removing Field Medic from Dante (which doesn’t 100% work), buffing direct caster shots and increasing Pred movement, everything else could have waited until much, much later to implement. The original article promised balance changes for both sides, and we have them, but they are not the ones we’ve been relentlessly asking for for years. Listen and prioritize better, Illfonic.

5 Likes

They fixed one portion of the exploit which is fanatic, but they only forgot to fix reckless exploit. Many bugs have been fixed, read patch notes.

Recoils for fireteam have also been increased, so it’s harder for ft to hit predator too, physics are changed.

Yeah, despite all of it, predators are still too weak in my opinion. They should in my opinion not have nerfed plasma projectiles nor hand held plasma caster, they should keep it as it is and increase fire ratio.

Recoil change isn’t that noticeable. Sawz felt the same to me.

1 Like

Preds are still very weak, if not weaker now post-patch. They brought down the AOE of the shoulder and HH caster, so direct hits MUST be a priority to do the maximum damage (which is a lot, Sam says up to 180 with down range and stalker), the overall damage of the HHPC is less, and the clip is less. And the increased fire rate doesn’t feel any different. Like, yeah, Preds move better and faster now, and there’s the direct damage, but that doesn’t make the nerfs any better. This game is all about out-damaging your opponent, and tbh they made the Pred weaker in regards to that.

2 Likes

Yeah was in game, not only that, but plasma has now 6 shots for each reload. Majority of players switched back to Bow.

Yeah, but hammerhead and assault riffles are tiny bit of nerf, but still advantage for FT, yeah.

Which I like, the bow requires more skill, and does more damage overall. The only downside is the limited ammo.

Not touching the game until the PS5 version is out

2 Likes

After playing a few matches, anyone else feel predator stamina recharge is way slower now? I’m faster in trees but restoration with leaping and sprinting seems slow and negates the positive changes of the movement update.

2 Likes

Arrows can be always picked and unlike smart disks cannot be destroyed.

Oh I know. The problem with arrows is they easily glitch through the ground and objects, so you can walk right over them but not pick them up. Technically you do still have infinite ammo, but you’re at the mercy of whether they will bug out or not.

1 Like

It really doesn’t. I checked the damage numbers on the game files themselves. There was no changes to the minigun between patches 2.49 and 2.50. Not on damage, range, recoil nor rate of fire

Yea, i tested it in my stream WITH yautjas bane and assault class. There was no visible change

Only noticable stuff was pred movement, smg buff, HHPC and regular plasma caster nerf, and ft weapon recoil

1 Like