Patch Notes 3.0.2 (Hotfix)

but the problem on balance was always how broken premades can be lol

1 single ft isnt enough vs a good pred, why make it hard to people that play with 3 potatos when it was already hard before vs a good pred?

most people play solo, illfonic does everything the opposite

1 Like

I mean, but thereā€™s no way to nerf premades to balance it out without making it impossible for solo queue with 3 potatoes. Which is what I think the game should be, so people have no choice but to team up, but that will make most people stop playing or play less, or switch to play pred because now is easier, shooting the pred queue through the roof.

1 Like

just need to nerf support fm, dante and tracker, most solo players and randoms dont use that, that would affect premades stacking that shit

1 Like

tracker is broken as fuck. we all know that. I would nerf it by changing the way it stacks as a multiplier, and instead give it a static time, like 2 more seconds. Tracker is really only broken on recon because of it being a multiplier, which is why everyone who uses it uses it with that class. On other classes tracker takes too many perk points and not as useful so everyone choose other perks.

for support FM I would either extend the time or preferably nerf the HP, either would work, but I believe the HP is the real problem specially on tanky classes, again, because is fucking percentage based, so tankier classes are revived with more HP.

But all in all, I think the balance of the game really went to shit when they started buffing the damage on everything. I used to be able to 1v1 preds for a good 10-15 seconds before one of us went down, now is like 3 seconds, lmao. It just makes for frustrated engagements that are no fun.

I just hope they start nerfing damage across the board on the next updates, so matches become longer.

2 Likes

actually true iā€™m 100% positive the introduction of specs did demonstrable harm to the balance of the game cause it was around this time where build focus became maximizing damage output to get skirmishes down to the least amount of time as humanly possible

I think iā€™d comfortably agree the only damage specs in teh game shouldā€™ve been Leader/Tactician maybe Fervent
As it least these three
Only effects teamates
Only works in specific situations
Only helps predator with the hardest part of the game (when all fireteam are up)

all of the others should be removed or changed to not alter damage and help in some other way (Like unleashed for example instead of increasing dmg of explosives could increase the blast radius of explosives by 15%)

HA!

You sure about that?

Leader affects the player as well. First shot does regular damage while consecutive shots do 15% more damage for the 3 seconds the status effect lasts.

This is why Dutch 87 is so broken in 1v1. Melee also gets buffed by ā€œhip fire damageā€, stack it with leader, bane and heavy hitter, and dutch 87 has the highest butter knife melee attack

I think the damage buffs should apply only to AI. Lowering FT damage right now will make it a nightmare to deal with AI at its current state

oh okay i actually didnā€™t know that this whole time i thought it actually worked as intended if thatā€™s the case then nevermind iā€™d be okay with it if it worked like itā€™s supposed to

1 Like

Thats why dutch87 mains ask for knife fights, its broken

2 Likes

thank you for the update and fix :)