PC assembly help

So I am currently in the market for a gaming PC

I want something reasonably powerful and fully upgradeable but haven’t the slightest clue where to begin

Any help would be appreciated

Try Apex Gaming pcs, they’re upgradeable and pretty decent.

1 Like

I heard it was cheaper to buy the components seperately

Is there any truth to this?

My cousin has been a pc gamer all his life. He says to if you are in the market to buy a mid end pre-assembly and then buy upgrades from there. He says this is the best bang for the buck and saves the hastle of waiting on parts to game in the middle time

1 Like

Also Linus Tech guy on yt says the same thing. If you are not in the market to build a top of the line super rig and just want to game and make small upgrades to go Mid-end pre-assemble so that has to be some good advice of its coming from that giy

1 Like

How many cores in an Intel i5 processor 10-400F?

So, if you want to build your own sometimes can come out cheaper, but right now with how things are building your own you either A break even or B spend more. But, if you want a decent mid-end to high-end PC that is Prebuilt for a fair price for what you get then I have one in mind.

The PC I bought was the HP OMEN 30L I can send you links to everything I got. Speakers I bought were some cheap 29.99 WalMart ones, but they work great

I’ll take a look

There are websites that custom build , they are good on a budget and they typically have pretty good customer service. I bought a custom one about 5 years ago and some let you pay it monthly , I need to upgrade my graphics card but I’m like yourself I need to research how to go about it

1 Like

Yeah it is hard for me to understand all the processer, motherboard and RAM compatibility. Then you gotta find a good deal on a 3d card. It really is complex. I would just suggest ibuypower.com . You could mess around with the different hardware profiles they have and see the price difference.

The last ten years or so I have just been buying gaming laptops. Been through about 3. They are nice because you don’t have to worry about upgrading (just buying a new one) and they usually come with a good warranty. My current laptop started making a weird sound so I am going to send it in to get fixed. But after I get it back I will probably sell it on ebay. I already preordered a new one with a 3080. Let me know if your interested in a refurbished laptop with a 2080 RTX 32 MB RAM i7, I will give you a good deal.

2020 and 2021 have been a pretty bad year to get into PCs. Bitcoin miners and scalpers driving prices through the roof but nvidias supposed to be releasing mining specific gpu’s that will one day drag us out of the dark ages oppressed by cryptocurrency blockchain mines.

That or we breakthrough quantum computing first

1 Like

If you have decent ammount of money you can try some from the Asus Republic of Gamers(ROG). That is if you want temperature control (nice cooling system architecture) portability(Laptops) and performance(resources).

But again, depends on your pocket. They do manage to have different series for different pockets. Worth to check out.

I would reccomend Dell’s Alienware but I might get jumped on by raging wallet hounds.

I wish I understood bitcoin and how to mine it. That sounds so rad. Like an olden day gold miner.

My uncle was taught gold mining from his father. One day he showed me these giant gold nuggets in a jar… I was about 10. It blew me away. The guy was super rich too. I couldn’t believe that someone could still do that in modern times. I asked him where he would mine at and he said he couldn’t tell me lol.

What would you rather be? A modern bitcoin miner or traditional gold miner in California? They sound like cool hobbies to say the least.

1 Like

Yeah what sucks about it is that more popular crypto is oversatured by entire factories in China and India where the “rigs” are just 1000s of mass-purchased gpus connected to a fan and CPU in a warehouse so they have the most efficent, biggest chances of success compared to the average person trying to strike gold.
Similar to the likes of the gold rush overtaken by full on industrialization with the construction of gold mines.

Originally it was just a well paid hobby for early adopters as the average joe had a chance to earn like 50 bitcoin every 10 minutes from their bedrooms. Now its more realistic for the average person to just participate in trading crypto, like the transition of gold to the US dollar & it passively accumulates value over the years unless bitcoin crashes.

Miners themselves are just solving equations with the fastest computers & are rewarded for essentially processing a transaction faster than everyone else. You can still mine some lesser known crypto with good foresight and hope bitcoin or quantum computing doesnt crash the market, kind of like being a silver or diamond miner

1 Like

Wouldn’t recommend Alienware, they still go with a lot of the older gpu’s and cpu’s and power supplies from 2+ years ago and you pay a high price tag for lack of performance with very bad customer service. LinusTechTips did a whole segment on them actually 2 and both times were out performed by cheaper options and iBuyPower, Omen, and can’t remember the other all were in the top 3 where Dell was dead last for everything

1 Like

Had no clue of the bad customer support. Since I switched to console I lost count of stuff like how Alienware is holding up.

Then Asus Remains.

Asus makes some good products especially their monitors, and oh yeah Dell and Alienware in recent years has gotten ripped into hard by PC review youtubers for using outdated tech, poor customer service, and outrageous prices that you’d expect for a high end PC, but then only getting low end specs.

Also, all of these I’ve seen were done with someone else buying the PC as a secret shopper so they could give an honest review of it all for the every day customer

1 Like

I gotta heads up for you

Stay away from the Asus Prime Z 390-A @BadBlood

If you get the chance it one hell of a temperamental motherboard

Story if you want otherwise I wont spill the beans if I don’t need to

1 Like