PC Cheaters instant damage... Not so fast.

So I was playing a private match with some friends and confirmed what some people here have complain and accused other players as cheaters.

At some point during the match I glitch out, NPCs weren’t moving, my teammates weren’t moving, the Pred wasn’t moving. I kept shooting at him until I thought he might glitched out, turns out it wasn’t him, it was me. A few seconds later I teleport somewhere else in the map and the Pred was instantly killed. All my shots actually counted, even though I was lagging and he was away from me.

So yeah, there ya go. Is a glitch due to lag, not “hackers” killing you with a single shot.

Yeah. I that happens a lot. More so if their ping is in the 250 area.

I have run into lag switch users. Whos ping will be fine untill you get close then it sky rockets to 500ms and you lag crazy. Other than that I have not run into cheaters. Expect once when they were able to shoot through the walls on the two story building on Overgrowth in the construction area. Other than that tho not really cheaters.

Exploiters sure but that is on both platforms

Yeah this was talked about awhile ago. Each FT is rendered their own instance of the predator until it enters the downed state (the ragdoll afterwards is also clientsided, try shooting it into a corner on your screen, the AI will just shoot where it died.)

Every single bullet that’s fired while hovering the pred on your screen is calculated as damage, the xp counter ticks = the damage is instantly calculated then the server refreshes and the pred takes that damage whether hes behind a wall, lagged across the map on the preds screen, etc.

The intent is that the pred player gets a smooth experience and won’t rubberband on his screen, it won’t roll him back even if the predator isnt where he is on his screen - so he can’t tell if hes lagging & in the meantime the server just teleports his body around and the FT gets free hits on it. The game is also impossible to speedhack, alter damage values and so on because the server handles almost everything. It’s a terrible netcode for a shooter usually only RTS’s and MOBAs do this because getting shot through walls this much is bad in an FPS for obvious reasons.

Ping manipulation is the biggest potential cheater problem.

2 Likes

This is not ping manupilation, it’s just private lobby doesn’t have dedicated server. So it means if you are out of the host’s region you can even get 350 ping and glitch out. In pubs this can happen as well if multiple people are from different regions

1 Like

This is interesting info! I think I experienced this a few times, but not so extreme as to die from it.

I don’t really mind that shots can pass through walls. It’s realistic.

This happened many, many times in the games I’ve had. I’ve killed them and then they teleported dead. Really frustrating, don’t like winning that way(I am playing FT).

1 Like

Yeah it is frustrating to be on either end

I don’t think calling them exploiters is even fair. I wasn’t aware of the situation. You cannot exploit something if you don’t know what is happening

Here’s the video on his side, my stream got interrupted while I was glitching out
You can hear him say “ok that was a bug”
Exact time when I glitch was 5:24:32
around a minute later you’ll see him die instantly

I might start recording now my streams to keep evidence of stuff like this when it happens

Haha, that was actually funny :)