PC CRASH FIX

1 Like

I’ll just bump this thread since I’m still getting questions on how to fix it. Apparently the last update didn’t fix it for everyone.

I might be beating a dead horse by posting this but its actually just the User Settings file and I think the Dev team tried to address this issue > Patch Notes 2.03

They did, but until they didn’t, nobody could even get to the main screen for more than 3 sec before crashing to desktop. When this problem occured, I’ve made that vid.

1 Like

So my 7 year old son is a bit upset. Built him a new PC for christmas and bought this game for him today (he was a huge AvP fan). AvP toys were so damn expensive and he loves gaming so i was excited to get this for him. Game crashes when it tries to load the menu every time. . . on first load. There are no saved game files yet, and im getting frustrated. Any updates to this, ive read all of these posts and cant find a definite answer.

It’s interesting. All my loadout are named and I only experienced a crash once and then never again.

But (knocks on wood) I better not call for it.

Hello. This is a multiplayer game so it doesn’t have saved games. It does have saved loadouts.
If your new PC is clean this game should work fine.
I’ve built a new PC maybe 10 days ago, installed Epic and the game, runs without any problems.

Understood, except this is a brand new PC built on christmas eve with NOTHING installed except AvP, CoD and Predator Hunting grounds with latest windows 10 version and nVidia drivers. . . .

Gotta love when a company releases something and doesn’t work as intended, yet is so fucking headstrong in their product they act as if it’s perfect.

It’s sad to see people not even from Illfonic volunteering their time and putting forth more effort and support than their actual employees they pay with real money.

Very sorry this simple purchase hasn’t been smooth.

But they don’t care enough to respond.

Only respond when they are presented with money making ideas, or stealing ideas for future projects when this game.goes belly up.

Sad.

Well I’ve built a new PC maybe a week ago. Fresh new Windows 10, installed PHG and it runs without problems. It might not be the game itself, since I also have an Nvidia GPU (RTX 3060 Ti).

Check my vid tho, it may help you.

I did FromTheHood. Im going to have to look into compatibility issues, but see no reason why an i7 47k with a GTX980 can NOT run it but an AMD FX 8350 with the exact same card can. Please keep the input coming, my son is very upset.

UPDATE: Just want to give you guys an update in hopes it will help someone else, or maybe you guys can give me more ideas. So. . . as stated previously I have never been able to delete the Saved files because they never generated. . . HOWEVER, I reformatted my sons machine, ran ALL of the windows updates FIRST, then installed the nVidia drivers, launched PHG. . . and got to the menu, generated the files, then crashed with the Video Card out of memory error. The actual error log says the following:
“Assertion failed: [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - ‘HUNG’)”
The screen minimizes and the graphics driver takes a dump. So exact same setup except now im not getting a restart, but an error message. It seems to load the menu but when it attempts to load the background image it loses the D3D driver. Which is odd, because my son is literally playing Arkham Knight as we speak and has been playing Aliens vs Predator all day, which use D3D.

Any other ideas? It is ONLY this game having issues loading the Direct 3D driver, all other games seem fine. Maybe a config setting I can look for in the config files somewhere? I remember having to do something similar to another Epic Game, years ago. Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition.

EDIT: Also, when this happens, it makes me reinstall the exact same Nvidia drivers (12/15). Seems to be the old Intel Integrated Graphics, conflicting with what PHGs uses.

Guess what. . . disabling Nvidia Overlay, Steam Overlay and renaming and moving the Epic Games overlay let the game launch and I could actually see the predator character and menu animations. Guess what else, it crashed 30 seconds later, and not ALL of the Epic Games are crashing ON MENU.

What the hell are these guys doing. According to my Visual Studio log files, the game literally losing the D3D device driver when it goes from the videos (i removed all of them) to the main menu to render the 3d animations. . . . and apparently its a common unreal issue. For someone reason the GTX980 in my machine (AMD FX8350) works fine on Arkham City, and PHG, but the same card in his i7 (which literally out benchmarks my CPU by about 200 points) will not load Arkham Knight, Arkham city, but will load Arkham asylum, CoD:MW, CoD:CW, Aliens vs Predatoe, America’s Army, Counter strike Source + CS:GO, Battlefield V, and pretty much EVERY other game he has installed (over 120 games in the library he has, but only about 11-12 are installed). As soon as I load Epic, and launch any of their games (except Arkham Asylum. . . .) Crash…

Definitely an EPIC issue, not a PC / Hardware issue. I cant find the old thread about tricks people had to try to load Arkham City (ive already disable Physx) but I remember there being something else I had to do, like add a command like argument to get it to run.