PC foliage Transparency Fix

Yeah cinematic is supposed to be used for things like cut scenes and stuff, like the main menu scene and FMVs. The reason they added it is just some future / forward thinking. in a year or so more then GPUS wont have a problem runing it 4k in cinematic.

Fullscreen runs slightly better because it has exclusive acontrol over the GPU and other stuff behind it is put to sleep. in windowed mode / of boarderless window etc the background stuff like windows / taskbar etc is still there in the background ready for if needed.

The downside of exclusive fullscreen is that it takes longer to switch apps and screen can flicker etc depending on resolution etc.

Good thing about PC is you can tweak the settings. You could use 80% render resolution for example and that would gain a lot of FPS or you could run 150% render scale and look more like 4k even if you dont have a 4k display… and it looks a LOT better than Nvidia DSR (Not DLSS, thats different) for example that makes everything look blury AF

I wish they added like a render scale for PC honestly, most games have this and its like this manual RTX DLSS for those who dont have it… or they can even add NVIDIA DLSS in the game for those who want more efficient way of render scale and let AI make it look better for giving more FPS…

for me i prefer at least 100 fps in these types of games and ideally 120 fps… realistically 160 fps is like the most ideal but i doubt it lol… with DLSS it may be possible tho to get that fps if u like play 720p but the AI makes it 1080p and u get like 160 fps on like adjusted settings…

r.ScreenPercentage=

thats the render scale variable. just put whatever % of your actual ingame res u want.

Which resolution looks as 1080p but gives u most fps ?

Would it be 80%

well for more FPS u want to lower it but it will start to look less crisp. wouldnt go less than 80%

It depends on ur actual res. are u using 1440p?

Nah 1080p 240hz

well you cant get a 1080p like image by lowering it, but you can get more performance. Its just a trade off. best to experiment and see what looks and performs to your liking

there are few things that make me curious what they are lol…

Dynamic res will lower the render resolution depending on a target FPS, there needs to be more varables added for it to work (if it actually even works on PC, more used on console)

Basically it will try to maintain a target FPS and if it dips below that point for X amount of frames it will lower the render resolution by Y % (that you can specify min/max resolution) to maintain performance.

Its a good trick but it can lead to a muddy/less crisp image when it does it, and if used too drastically it will make the game look like 720p or less :P (or like a console)

Audio qquality level is just as it says, but counterintuitivly 0 is actually the highest, i dont think it will do anything as i imagine the assets/sound files have to be made in a lower quality for that to work.

HDR is just if u have a HDR monitor, self explanatory

So technically there is a render scale system in game but not properly made to be user friendly

yeah its UE4 it has it, its just not exposed to the user.

I have not tried dynamic res scale but the screen percentage works fine

I doubt ill get much fps difference really lol… probably it will make it locked at 100 fps always… but it will look blurry n stuff…

ill rather wait for them to implement DLSS so i can use it in future…

hopefully my friend will give me his 2080ti cuz hes getting a 3090

“give” some friend if he does. can i be firends with him too?

XD

Yup I know what you mean, we all have it on PC. Its Unreal4 limitation/compromise for performance. If there is a way to switch it off than better not look for it – it would make the game unplayable on higher resolutions.

it would probably switch form the blending ditthering to a just pop in of LODs instead

1 Like

JOIN US PC Brothers! Grapes are waiting! Avatar cleanse! NoW!