Pc not invisible

I have playstation and i was playing against 4 PC players, standing complely still and didnt shoot or move at all and they spot me everytime. I also have a PC and noticed it is way easier to aim on mouse.

PC users can lower their graphics ingame like setting the shadows down low in order to see cloaked predator much easier and also set the foliage to low to get rid of alot the thickness of bushes and grass etc. Some do it because they have stoneage computors or bad outdated drivers or incorrect configured graphics but some do it just to exploit this thing in order to spot predators too easily.
Im on PC with a 1070 gtx, i5 7600k both ive had for around 3 years now, quite outdated but it can run this game on cinematic graphic settings and ill still have between 90-100 fps. Ive read of people have much better graphic cards and cpu’s that are struggling with 30-50 fps and in their cases its most often faulty configured graphic card settings or other background applications or drivers interfearing.
Oh and yes this game is poorly optimized for us all, even tho im hitting 90-100fps with my 1070 gtx, the gpu usage is at 99-100% all the time, even if id put all my settings down to low.

The fact you aim easier on a mouse compared to a controller should be self explanatory ;)

I didn’t realise how easy it is to hear a predator while wearing headphones aswell, you can pin point them.

2 Likes

I play on PC, and have tested with high and low graphics.
Stationary cloaked Predators are completely invisible, regardless.

However you still make your cloaked ‘clicking’ noises. An experienced player will shoot at where he thinks you might be, and if you’ve taken damage recently (I don’t know how recent), they can spot you just by pressing “E” on the right spot.

Sound is a HUGE part of this game.

Oh really thats crazy they pin point exactly where im at… but thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I shouldve said the recoil on mouse is different from controllers my bad wrong choice of words

Most of the time they lower the settings and sport u even if u havent recieved any damage
Spotting just from noise is possilble if u are near to them but if u are far from them in the line of sight u should be invisible

THats why audio decoys exists in the game
really fucks up the fire teams

isn’t your pc on fire on cinematic?

Its more because of the predator sounds that they can catch you while cloacking

Yeh… Cloak needs to be better, getting spotted from over 100m away should really be a no no. And Preds need to stop being so giggly, it’s just silly atm.
In the movies they are mostly silent, just doing some clicking every now and then… more mimicry. Also, the “lighter” Preds shouldnt sound like an elephant running around. 'Zerker, sure… that guy is huge… and weak.

Trick to cloaking is throw audio device and use mimic wheel… way harder to pin pt your lication

Turn Cross-play off and don’t play against PC players. They can exploit everything from Macros, to Aim-bots, to lowering graphics setting to see you while standing still while cloaked.

I think that’s a little bias, and cutting your nose off to spite your face.
Eliminating a huge portion of the player base (and increasing your queue times), because an EXTREMELY small portion ‘might’ be cheating.

Also as mentioned above, PC players cannot see you while stationary cloaked, regardless of graphics settings.

Agree with Typhon though, the clicking noises are too frequent.

@YUPPERS: How does the mimic wheel make it harder to pin-point?

audio device works with mimic wheel so throw out 2 and they have to guess

Wait…if you use the mimic wheel, the audio comes out of the audio decoy?

1 Like

yup

yes

That’s awesome, had no idea. One of those funny things you don’t realise, even after you’ve put in over 100 hours into a game.

lol.

Thanks for sharing. :D

very helpful vs premades… I even do the roars right in front of them… they thinks its a mimic audio device then i lay the pain