PHG No Context, Just a Peek (Concept) (UPDATE 1)

By the way @Papa_Applepie when is the next forum event?

2 Likes

@Courier @OldKingHamlet
Can you guys put this forward as a possible expansion of current customization options? It would greatly improve designing unique looking Predators. Most of wristblade holsters and cannon backpacks already share the same range of tints so most of the art is done.

2 Likes

We are aiming for Friday the 22.

But if it needs pushing back for better quality.
Then we’ll release another sneak peak on the progess.

At the moment.

We are coding the game and testing it as we go.

1 Like

Nice
I don’t mind waiting if it needs to be pushed back, as long as you let us know that more time is needed

2 Likes

It would be cool
But I think CH would be the most problematic

1. CH’s wrist blade Gauntlet is attached to his body model.
  2. His wrist launcher Gauntlet also seems to have a mind of its own, and randomly spawn in. Hell I’ve gotten it to spawn in on Viking

The glitch “worked” for all launch classes, but they ended up not having any blades or PC

1 Like

Mayby when you try to do the glitch in menu - in the pak file its separate models, have a look:

Basically gauntlet, holster and 2 wrist blades are 4 separate meshes from the body

When it comes to wrist gauntlet - yes… that is a different story, I’ve posted somewhere on forums my idea on how to visually add this to any pred class when you will select this gear. Yes, it is complicated ;-)

EDIT: found it XD

3 Likes

Yep that’s exactly what I’m referring to. It’s the same for Hunter, Scout, Berserker, and JH87

By the way I absolutely love this idea

2 Likes

yup, all of them are separate models, I’ve checked. You can remove any part of their armour of them and their bodies are fully modelled. I’m stunned by the level of detail here - even the mesh is a separate suit, sitting between body and armour…

2 Likes

Well this is the HARD version XD No hope Illfonic will ever do that. The easy option would be to just add CH guantlet to any pred class that you want to use this gear item

1 Like

Yeah I’ve thought the fishnet weren’t apart of the body, I just had no way to confirm my suspicion being on PS4

2 Likes

Or Illfonic will continue to do the even easy way by just giving the Predator the animation, and have the projectiles spawn out of nowhere

2 Likes

Well have a look at this elder:

I kid you not, 90% of their budget must have went to 3d art department…

3 Likes

No kidding, the art in this game alone is breath taking

You got any images of the weapons attached to the Predator’s back. The equip animation is so quick I barley get to see what they look like back there, let alone where the Predator grabs them.

I’d love to see more of these behind the scenes workings. I wish I had a PC and the know how to to do some of the stuff your doing

2 Likes

Oh man… yes ;-) I will show you how the spear looks on scouts back, in meanwhile look at this:

Elder’s wrist gauntlet. Basically every peace of preds armour and weapons can be explored like this… whoever designed those - he must have spend YEARS doing so. Its art man

4 Likes

I’m enjoying every moment of it

You seem to use Scout as an example a lot, also don’t think I haven’t noticed that particular edited mask

2 Likes

I will always love Illfonic for 3 things

• getting Arnie back to this lore in person
  • Getting the cloak effect in game to be movie accurate
  • introducing scout predator - the freaking best thing ever XDDDD

I have an entire thread about this particular change in feedback section ;-)

2 Likes

I know I was there

2 Likes

Now, please keep in mind this scout is HEAVYLY moddified by me. Its got JH wrist blades, CH disk holster, Samurai Plasma Caster, Combistick and Netgun are rescaled to be movie accurate. Alpha predlocks with black tint and also vex mask is touch changed ;-)
I remember how ppl thought I’ve photoshoped that mask XDDD I was to affraid to admit what I was up to XDDDDDD

3 Likes

Really, I never would have guessed. lol

I really do like the movie accurate weapon scaling you did. I would’ve never noticed they were That BIG until we got the update where the Predators hold their weapons

I love the Black Alpha predlocks and Black Samurai PC. I really wish Illfonic would give us black and white shaders (for all Predators)

Speaking of Samurai. I noticed his Katana has an unfolding animation, you got an images of it folded up

3 Likes

Don’t have it at hand but its in the same slot on back as combistick. Unfolded model is in game files but I don’t have it unpacked right now.

Thanks! In my thread about weapons I’ve posted some pictures detailing this with markings to show how oversized the spear actually is. Also netgun is twice its original size for some reason - in this vanilla form spear on back looks comical and netgun on scout looks like a tumor…

1 Like