Philosophical Video

Plato is the founder of Western thought. If you never heard of the dude I would recommend this video to his philosophy.

I find philosophy can be quite rebellious in a corporatized world where the rebels are bought and sold.

I always thought it was weird people agreed with plato’s cave and then considered brain-in-the-vat ruled out. And its predecessor that was a demon instead of a vat simulation.

All valid unless the world consists of fixed mind-independent objects - the challenge to the cave theory. But there’s no way to determine if how we percieve things is truly as they are. All we’re working with is collective perceptions.
Plato wanted philosopher kings running things but never went into who or what releases the prisoner. Enlightenment? Death? Go insane?

OP MIGHT NOT EVEN BE REAL.
WHAT IF THIS IS THE MATRIX?
WHAT IF THIS IS HELL?

“The last time I checked you didn’t need a parachute to get there. Look, it doesn’t matter how we got here, or why. The only question is; how do we get out.”
-famous philosopher Royce

3 Likes

People hate on Predators 2010 too much

1 Like

Let’s say there is collective perception, but there are still folks that lack certain senses of perception or have medical conditions that twist reality (for them). Then there hallucinogenic drugs. Dreams. Does collective consciousness account for all of that?