Photo Mode

It would be awesome if there was something similar to Rockstar’s Editor Mode or Spider-Man’s Photo Mode for the community to capture epic moments as still images or video clips we could export and share on social media.

Community photo contests could be done from time-to-time that could be used as a way to unlock exclusive cosmetics and generate interaction with the community and the company.

2 Likes

Oh man…

Spider Man was an epic game.

So. Good.

2 Likes

It would be.

1 Like

I only remember photo modes being in single player games with some kind of outstanding visuals, like horizon zero dawn, Control and so on. Don’t think I’d stop in the middle of a match to create a nice photo of my predator. It has no place in this game in my opinion.

1 Like

I would be interested in this in particular if there was dynamic lighting conditions. I dont remember if spiderman had day and night settings but this would add dramatically to the quality of the photos and even more photo creation from the fan base.
and also a way to keep an online only game like this alive for eons. I dont think that has been done successfully before.

I feel like if they add a photo mode it would be only be a option during Private matches?

1 Like

Rockstar Editor works in GtaOnline.

You record gameplay, and the game plaint video footage — it’s a recording of the actual game play.

When a player goes to the clips, the game engine captured the events you recorded which allows players to re-render the 3d environment so users can move cameras where ever they want, slow speed up time, add filters, use different camera types, control other aspects as well.

Kind of like you’re in the matrix observing a scene in 3d space.

Here’s a BMX stunting video I made in GtaOnline using Rockstar Editor: