Plasma vs Rocket [Videoclip]

I managed to capture this on video, when Backo80 fired off a rocket at the same time as a Predator fired it’s plasma caster, both projectiles collided in mid-air, i think it’s the first time i see it from this perspective. Sucks that it had to happen at the same time as i opened up the scoreboard, but if you look closely you’ll see the rocket flying. xD

If you ever end up in a lobby with Backo80 you know he’ll watch your back! :D

9 Likes

Dude, that’s cool af

2 Likes

Wtf! 😳

So, rockets can stop plasma? That’s something to think about. Hmmmmm…

Might have to create a new build 🤓

2 Likes

Does this mean you can actually destroy both plasma bolts and rocket in mid-air with let’s say sniper rifles? smart disc? arrows? frag grenade explosions?

I’ve got alot of testing to do tomorrow. xD

4 Likes

Imagine if you’re able to shoot down the plasma bolts with your sniper rifle. :D

Haha…that would be a little farfetched, but the rocket makes sense because the heat from the plasma would make the rocket explode.

What time you’re on tomorrow? We need to conduct some tests.

2 Likes

boom

1 Like

I’m prolly on around 15:00 CEST.
I know BeerWarrior loves testing stuff, i don’t mind if you start, lol. I just want to find out! xD

Dude wth is CEST Time? Like Europe time?

Yeah, Central European Summer Time. UTC+1. xD

Oh that’s cool as hell. I bet it will work with FT plasma rifle as well since it’s also a projectile weapon instead of hitscan.

3 Likes

Do the testing, but my theory is that you got it backwards. Is not that the rocket destroyed the plasma, but the plasma exploded the rocket.

Try throwing a grenade (don’t cook it) on the ground and see if a plasma shot can blow it like it blows red barrels

I knew of this for along time, you can use impact grenades but not bullets.

1 Like

To me it looks like both hit a tree tbh.

This is some sick shit man, I was not even aware that projectiles can colide, apart from smart disc

I tested earlier and managed to hit many plasma bolts in mid-air with the rocket launcher when standing on the roofs. +1

It’s not that hard to pull off tbh, you could save your team a fully charged plasma bolt, that’s always something to keep in mind.
Normal bullet weapons can’t destroy plasma bolts, though haven’t tested with the pitbull nor the prototype plasma rifle.
And the Predator can’t blow up frag grenades.

Something else that would be fun and cool would be if the Predator could use the netgun against frag grenades and all other thrown devices, making the net catch them in mid-air and send them back towards the FIreteam player who threw them. :D

Maybe netgun vs rocket works. xD

1 Like

Happened to me last year or so!! I shot mine with the grenade launcher out of the air. I think you can hear my reaction in this video too hahahaa

1 Like