Player Retention 1st then New players

So We all live the current Update. The Predators are harder to kill. The Ft are not as op as before. The game is going in the right direction. But and its a big one

There needs to be something that Retains the current Player base then just a few days. Something that will say Hey lets ply PHG for several hours a day!

This game needs something to keep its player base entertained and then you have the freedom to drawn in a new crowd.

Ideas and thoughts plz.

All Ideas are open

8 Likes

Check the newest stuff, brother. Singeplayer modes in the works

1 Like

I take leaks with a grain of salt. Alot of it has not come to pass. I have little faith in data miners because more than half the stuff they “leak” never comes to pass

At least look at this video then

1 Like

I will when I am not at work. I personally dont want a single player mode added till this game about to stop being supported.

1 Like

I think this game needs a progression system that encourages good in match behaviour and rewards you with ‘buyable’ match modifiers.

Predator/Fireteam will each have a number of categories. Ie. FT might collect Intel (STGZ), Research (Yautja tech) and Lore (Yautja historical encounters). Each category gives you a few ways to collect points in that category, as an example perhaps collecting Vert increases Research, collecting OWLF tapes gives you lore and accessing computers gives Intel points. At a set number of points you’d get a credit of some kind that would then be spent to modify your next match.

Modifiers could include, gear drops, friendly AI soldiers (possibly characters we own could be used), bonus gear or perk points that last a single match or that are permanent editions.
For Pred’s, the modifiers might be things like adding bonus creatures to hunt, additional task FT might be asked to preform during the mission (adding match length) or even bring a friend to hunt with you.

1 Like

That’s the trick isn’t it.

The PSBlog said Valkyrie’s hammer will be available by April which kinda worries me we’re gonna wait that long for the next update. While there was a lot of content in this update its pretty niche. If we gotta wait too long for the next one it’s gonna be an issue.

This update being focused on private matches is gonna really hurt the quick play que in a while, especially i think on the PC side. Everyone is gonna start linking up and playing with friends in private while the quick play is gonna be mostly new players getting a feel for the game and missing out on a lot due to lack of experienced players showing them tricks.

A new multi-player mode and some new maps will definitely get people playing for a while, probably another year depending on how good it actually is. I’m just worried everyone will be locked into cliques in private matches by then. Throw in single-player mode and it’ll get even worse.

So yeah…some concerns

2 Likes

Sigh
That looks boring as hell it’s just Ft missions as predator, I give illfonic some credit though there at least working on new modes but to me it doesn’t look fun but some people might like it

1 Like

So basically your telling me someone glitched the game to play as the pred on private as the ft and people are now believing it is a single player mode. Ppffftttt

I personally would love it

No it’s a mode their working on but to me it looks boring because it’s just a predator doing FT missions

1 Like

Sure its a “mode” it looks like a glitch in the game

Like I ain’t gonna play it so believe what your gonna believe

1 Like

Same.

It doesn’t look interesting

I looks like boring just like the f13 challenges no replay value

Yeah
But you know some community members are wet when they saw that video

I mean…a lot of single player games and modes have pretty shitty first levels so…who knows? Too little to judge

1 Like

I have a plan

It’s crazy but it just might work

So hear me out

Maybe if they added some more maps

Like a bunch more

Let’s shoot for at least 10 by the end of the year

Then add night mode with all new missions

That would superficially make it 20 maps

3 Likes

That could work

1 Like