Please Stop The Paid Updates! Make a season pass if you have to

I would pay for an AVP season pass

I would pay for a Judge Dredd season pass

I would pay for a Batman season pass

I prefer the individual method just because season passes can screw you over with lackluster content.

2 Likes

i wouldnt pay for shit when the game is literally alpha phase

I probably shouldn’t but this is practically the only game I play besides pokemon lol.

This is a great thread with people sharing different perspectives positively, good ideas everyone.

Part of what I didn’t fully express originality is this… here is a HYPOTHETICAL example to illustrate…

… let’s say they roll out 13 new characters over the next year, and they make 3 of them free and 10 of them paid at $5 a piece, if I wanted all of the characters I’d have to pay an extra $50 on top of the original game price of $40, that’s $90 for a game total.

I’m not a fan of paying for any additional content of any kind, and I don’t like season passes… BUT I’d rather pay $20 bucks into a season pass once in advance than $50 extra bucks over time. It’s the lesser of two evils.

People aren’t factoring in that they’re going to keep charging for tons of characters because there’s only been a few so far… right now it direc doesn’t seem like much, but it will add up in the future

So I guess it depends on whether or not you think $90 is fair for a full game experience with all characters. In my opinion it’s not, perhaps others think it is because it’s optional. I want a full game experience for nothing more than $60 total. Maybe I’m old fashioned lol.

And how it’s hurting Illfonic financially isn’t that a few options exist to buy stuff if you choose, it’s the general buzz that it creates overall in context with everything else combined. Good base game but very buggy + 1 mode only + 3 maps only + AND you have to pay for extra characters… all of that combined doesn’t excite the masses to buy the game. (And I know maps and new modes are on the way and that they’re free, which is good, we’re just talking about what you do have to pay for).

There’s nothing wrong with Illfonic making a few bucks along the way to help fund more development to give a few people extra characters they’d be willing to pay for. I’m just saying there’s a better overall way to make more money instead of the chump change there making now…

For example… could you imagine if Red Dead 2 came out with a Zombie DLC? People would flip!!! Why? Because the core game experience (referring just to single player story mode) over delivered by far and created raving fans en masse. (Not trying to analyze the specifics of Red Dead… you could use any example of successful DLC like the Witcher or any other good example).

Illfonic should over deliver, then drop a paid DLC like the big successful games do, so they can haves the same success.

Right now it’s not over delivering for the reasons we already know, and it’s my belief that paying for extra characters creates does not create the “over delivered” type of experience that other mega hits do deliver… in fact to me it takes away from the experience and is annoying.

Doing it the way they’re doing it will only create meek to moderate revenue long term.

I’m too lazy after writing this to look up the numbers, but the proof is in the pudding, look at sales numbers and stats on popularity of the game, numbers don’t lie. It’s not blowing up on YouTube gaming channels, and the channels that do rock it (which I watch and enjoy) hardly have many views compared to other games. It’s not a huge giant block buster success.

I want this to be a giant blockbuster success. I love this game and the potential. Right now they’re on track for a “modestly successful app” level of success. I hope that changes.

cause avp on 360 is better than this

The problem is that you would pay 5-6 passes in a year and if you do not play every day you would not get everything, I prefer to pay for the content that I choose and when I choose

I don’t mind paying piece by piece if that means we get content sooner. Anybody play fortnite? They do season passes right? How’s that working out? So far I’ve spent $39.99 for the game and $10 for the dlc for a total of $49.99 which is $10 less than a normal priced game. Map/modes are going to be free and I don’t see them releasing much more dlc

AVP 2010 isn’t much a better game in structure than this one, let’s get that thing right.

This is right I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Paying £3.99 / $5 for an optional character is more than reasonable. A person spends more than that on a coffee from Starbucks. I don’t get the OP’s reservations?

3 Likes

Exactly!

Thanks for sharing…

… I’m curios… what would you think if over time they ended up charging for 10 extra characters at $5 each?

Its a 10 yr old game…at lesst you dont get parried. Wierd how predator can parry a xeno… but not a 180lb ft member.

No idea why knives dont use stamina… i def think it should. Also parrying pred after nerfs to ft is still ez

1 Like

Huh? Marines can actually bash double Wrist Blade Predators into the ground by countering a Heavy Attack. They can even knockdown Aliens and Predators to the ground by sneaking in two or three Melee hits.

And that’s not even talking about the glitches. AvP2010 isn’t all that.

Updates are free don’t know how in the world them being paid got through the cracks, someone must have been down the rabbit hole.