Poll: Jungle Hunter vs City Hunter

I feel like age gets thrown around with preds too much.

All the supers were elite assholes and they got bodied and outplayed. Hell even in a 1v1 swordfight. How many years of experience does CH really need to learn how to backhand Danny Glover?

1 Like

I still don’t understand what the thought process was behind the whole train scene. I thought stealthy hunts or outlandish one on ones were the name of the game not wholesale slaughter with lots of witnesses. Young or not that’s just flat out stupidity and lack awareness. He’s just lucky that most people on that train were packing heat.

2 Likes

Probably has more to do with plot armor than anything. Because yeah, logically, an 8ft tall alien with the muscle density of 10 adult gorillas and hundreds of years of training how to kill things should have wiped out Harrigan in seconds. Same with the Supers. You could say CH was being cocky and underestimated him, but, wouldn’t your level of skill back up your reasons to be so cocky? Its gotta be plot armor; at least JH’s defeat made sense, CH was stupid.

I think both the director and the actor that played the Predator mentioned that City was a young reckless Hunter that was just doing his thing on the hunt.

it was completely outside the tone of the franchise imo, weird scene

1 Like

Really was though. Throughout the entire beginning he was cautious and left no witnesses and then just said fuck it I’m too kewl for stealth because I keep fucking with this cop. Did the elder or any of his clan mates go over the rules with him? Maybe one should’ve hooted clicked to let him know not to be seen.

Jungle Hunter looks cooler but City Hunter has more weapons

Predator 2 is a more enjoyable film also

Not to say that Predator isn’t highly entertaining

3 Likes

Personally I think Predator is jus better in nearly every single way. I never stopped to think why would the predator do something so stupid, it all felt natural whereas in pred 2 you have a few of those moments that just make you question it. I don’t hate the movie but by comparison it’s just inferior.

2 Likes

City ofc because Illfonic won’t gib me Jungle

Joking, but on more serious note I love how City has actual Disc and Netgun on him instead of pulling them from nowhere, wish more costumes had that mindset.

But in terms of movies ofc it is Jungle.
Jungle lost to a bunch of commandos. Gods amongst men.
City lost to just one cop. Not only lost but was literally chased by him. Absolute dumbass.

1 Like

Honestly, I love both! They both look badass

I think that the city hunter was a young and inexperienced hunter, as his actions speak for themselves.
like police officer Mike Harrigan told the city hunter that he was a pussy face

I gotta give it to City. Whilst on a design level I think they’re both roughly the same, from a character; action & movie point of things I feel City is superior. Growing up I really did not like Predator 2. Took me years to start warming up to it. These days I’d say its probably superior to Predator 1 in almost every way, and I think a lot of that comes down to having a more engaging Yautja Antagonist, a more interesting setting & the fact Predator 2 essentially single handedly laid the foundation for every piece of lore & potential expanded universe story going forward. The franchise would probably be NOTHING like what we know it if P2 had came out any differently.

And I think if you were to honestly compare the feats, skills & available arsenal both Predators have: City would probably curbstomp Jungle in a fight despite their age & rank difference. Jungle always came off as a bit of a coward and his overreliance upon the Caster & staying Cloaked at all times above all else BARELY skirts the line of the Honor Code: he just pulls it back by directly challenging both Billy & finally Dutch to Honorable 1 on 1 combat and in Dutch’s case throwing aside his Caster & Bio-Mask. City meanwhile was much more of a direct fighter & used a lot more tactics & gear in his Hunts. He laid traps, he employed the Netgun; Speargun, Combistick & Smart Disc. Hell I think he only uses his Plasma Caster like twice in the movie because he gives a straight up fight to his opponents. His takedown of the OWLF Squad is very commendable for a Yautja of his standing & the engagement showed he had a keen tactical eye & good instincts. He outplayed them all. Jungle meanwhile got caught in a net trap, and screamed like a little girl I might add, and then was taken down to a log on a rope. As Dillon puts it, actual boy scouts bullshit.

City was the much more engaged, tactically driven & diverse fighter and he took on more dangerous encounters then Jungle ever placed himself into. City is the superior Hunter in my honest opinion.

2 Likes

City hunter would destroy Jungle Hunter. All jungle hunter did was sit in cloak and spam plasma canon and then fell for an obvious trap. For a hunter, you’d think after seeing that Dutch had a trap ready for him, he would have then looked around further. City Hunter copped way more kills but he went up against a way more challenging opponent (say what you will about how jacked Dutch was, but he still got manhandled by the pred, while as the guy that City Hunter went up against was going toe-to-toe with him and holding his ground). Plus, City Hunter was a younger yautja in his prime, while as Jungle Hunter was pretty up there in age; City Hunter would have both the speed and strength over Jungle Hunter (and its stated that young bloods are more aggressive since they have something to prove). You could make the argument that JH would have the experience over CH…but obviously not since he fell for an ewok trap.

1 Like

In the game it’s said he’s 300 years old yet it was still considered young.

Personally I think that JH is one of the more skilled hunters based on not only his ability to pick off prey in a stealthy manner but also discover traps that are set (You know the spike trap) it’s just that he was unlucky as to how he was defeated but died getting rid of his technology so humans couldn’t have meanwhile CH was reckless in his way of taking out prey that his own ego got in they way (much like JH) and got slapped to the point he failed a suicide but he’s the only predator young blood we get to see (aside from AvP) that had faced humanity as I would run from something that not only cut off my arm but had out smarted me, but the final battle was due to his inexperience in dealing with humans while JH could’ve been the one to hunted the gorilla forces for years.

Ik people love the experience = super saiyan 27 card but when it comes down to it how many years of experience do you need to fire a lock on caster or throw someone you have hundreds of lb of advantage over?

Nothing we see preds do onscreen translates to any kind of particular skill whatsoever. You’re telling me city hunter had to practice 200 years to kill people with a stick?
And falconer’s who knows how old and lost to a yakuza guy missing a finger?

You could be the most prestigous lion hunter in the world but if your gun jams and you’re on the ground, you die. Or a martial arts expert and still just get shot in the face. None of their pedigrees really matter.
All it comes down to with preds is equipment malfunction at the end of the day, or they’re like falconer and just get outskilled after not using said equipment. 90% of their deaths is their reliance on their janky mall ninja gear and their cloak that malfunctions if they step in a puddle.

At this point in time Jungle Hunters the only one that didn’t straight up lose & arnie got lucky with the trap not going off initially. Hell Mr.Black’s heartbeat sensor failed and he straight up died to the mud/fire trick whereas JH didn’t.
Though now arnie is a supersoldier killing preds left and right while OWLF reverse engineers everything so it is what it is. Preds basically went from clever subversions to dragons to slay & just get more durable every movie to make up for the fact they don’t have enough tricks up their sleeve.

Besides lore theories on the age of the two fighters (wich we DON’T know), we should only judge the results on two factors, the skills shown in the movies, and the weapons they got:

on the weapons matter, City is far superior, but even if we put them on the same ground with the same weaponry… City fought entire groups of armed criminals, policemen, and even survived and defeated a team of people ready to ambush him (and wich knew exactly his weaknesses)

yes, Jungle defeated a team of 7 trained soldiers, toying with them and (rightly) using plasma every time it was needed, but that was in my opinion a fair smaller challenge compared to what City did.

Sadly City was defeated by Harrigan, but as already said he faced a lot of stuff, and Harrigan just used the chances he got; even in their final fight, with 8 bulletholes in the body and without an arm, City had him on his knees.

City Hunter wins, both for weapons and for skills.

I never understood the veneration for Jungle, he’s super cool yeah, but he did “standard Predator performance”, wich of course it’s good (and better for example than the Supers in Predators 2010), but nothing god-like.

We actually do know that City Hunter was a young blood (his predlocks in the game are even called ‘young blood’)

I still think JH would win. CH put himself in a position that would force him to have to fight several people, he was dumb and reckless. JH for the most part was stealthy and had it not been for Billy’s 6th sense kicking in they never would have been as alert as they were.

JH really only had two moments of stupidity/cockiness. Once with the net trap, why didn’t he look over at what the team was doing? Don’t know. The other was the 1v1 with Dutch where he fell for another trap, granted this trap was a twofer and he couldn’t have predicted that however, he should have killed him earlier in the fight but then that would be a shitty ending.

CH on the other hand constantly went on rampages, left tech behind, got careless and got found out. He became predictable to the point the OWLF found his feeding ground. Fucker is strong and can take a beating but should never have been in that situation in the first place. All the weaponry in the world won’t mean shit if you’re that prone to anger or stupidity.

1 Like

That’s what the game says, doesn’t mean it’s canon, it’s expanded universe like the comics (wich I love, but still if it’s outiside the movies is not canon).