Poll: Predator thermal vision needs to be better and more detailed

Cave systems do be looking kinda weird in thermal vision… you would have expected the thermal vision to work better in the dark lmao but its about the same…

If you want to stop bumping into things, turn off thermal. its a trade off. Identification versus navigation.

1 Like

I would like how it looked in the alpha build.

The center has more detail and contrast.

2 Likes

Yes current thermal is way too clean. Its just a blue filter with red highlights.

I want preds default “FT vision” nerfed in general to make thermal useful. Its literally harder to track people with thermal on. Meanwhile you can just toggle it off and listen for directional FT footsteps and callouts no problem.

3 Likes

Technically… i think that the alpha build shows what it should have been except… it lacks the darker colors to it… cause if u play like this ur bound to get blinded XD

1 Like

True. Darker contrasts on the edges would fix it to be just perfect.

1 Like

No im just curious lol

1 Like

Maybe everything is cold, so it all blends together.

1 Like

I’ve just message you the process on prv ;-)

1 Like

It will be more on line with the movie. It will help new players. I’m for it. Stills show the difference, but would also like to see a video comparing the two when mudded up FT is moving.

2 Likes

fucking yes, i mean look Predator 2010 on how detailed was the thermal vision owo

3 Likes

Better contrast would be nice, I would like it to be a bit better myself.

1 Like

I don’t see anyone being in love with thermal in its current form. It should be a little more detailed and cleaner. I know a lot of people have mentioned other modes and such as seen in the movies but to be honest I think that’s just too complicated and unnecessary for this game.
Really like @Noktrum 's little demo there. That’s badass right there

1 Like

Yeah it has to look much much much cleaner and much more detailed than the current one…

The colors need to be on point with them being dark for cold temperatures and hot would be bright colors…

1 Like

Everything should have a black outline. I should be able to live in this mode.

How would allowing you to see where your going be OP?

The cold environment should not be able to see it clearly at all. I think it’s fine like that, maybe a bit of gamma polishing and gloss. the predator must choose between seeing clearly or seeing body heat. and to see in other spectra of light, it can be very op. that would force to put other types of coverage for Ft to balance (how to implement this from the point of view of balance ???). (Please do not cry saying that in the movie you have it, this is a video game not real life, in real life to hunt the predator everyone would take a IR sights to go. Besides, the predators do not come out very well from the movies in which the game is based, the first one has to go to put a first-aid kit for a bullet wound on one leg, not a whole magazine on the chest, and the second almost like Rasputin, defenestrated, shot, amputated … like this be careful with asking that the game be exact to the movie) anyway there are other more serious problems to solve at this time than a small polish of the thermal vision. THE FPS, WHAT HAPPENS TO THAT ???

1 Like

Preds would stay in thermal mode more, thus seeing FT more (excluding the few who manage to keep their mud coverage high)

actually love always been thinking that thermal vision has to show less details, in example it shouldn’t highlight explosive barrels

1 Like

Heres the problem though. Your balancing the game around it being uncomfortable. Thats bad game design.

Besides would that rly be bad? It has an energy cost and its the predator who relies on stealth. Not the FT.

1 Like