Poll: Predator thermal vision needs to be better and more detailed

Basically should the predator thermal vision give out better details and be more color accurate?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Current:
Screenshot_6

Better Idea:
Screenshot_7

P.S:

The Better one is somewhat an idea and u can achieve it by adjusting gamma and stuff…
I think it should be like somewhat similar… maybe a bit brighter up close and darker around and more detailed obviously… to be able to see every chunk or pixel around the caves or the outsides…

6 Likes

@Fire @Lazycollinator @REYNOSO_FUA11 @TheETgamer @Thunder-Cats @TheBrokenOne77 @OldKingHamlet @Anyt1m3 @Dexter @Dentdesabre

1 Like

I would like something like this

4 Likes

That’s just way too bright for the current variation of the thermal vision… it does not suit the OG thermal vision…

It would suit those predators 2010 vision or maybe even avp 1 visions…

2 Likes

@Finessology @GrimmReaper @GreyBack @JelouGaming @YUPPERS @Cadillackid @ConsoleFreak @cALL_me_CARALLO @BadBlood @Noktrum

Different vision modes, intensities and features would make vision mode alot more intresting, and be able to take off your bio mask.

4 Likes

I mean, obviously all the Pred mains (myself included) are going to say yes, but I understand why the devs avoided adding too much detail - it would be just too OP

1 Like

Not sure if the OG thermal vision would be viable, it has some pretty dark contrast making hard to see the details on the enviroment and even the characters. I belive that’s why they often makes the thermal vision really bright in current media.

3 Likes

Yess!!! You’ve got this right!

Let me show off something here - I was working on a predator mod for Fallout 4 and this is the thermal shader I’ve personally created for the game :

Look, its not ideal, but if a NOOB like me can do it than pros from Illfonic should have no issues

6 Likes

Im intensely interested to know the behind the scenes on the creation of thermal in fallout

2 Likes

I mean as long as they keep mudded players hard to see but keep the environment easy to see and track its gucci… as long as fireteam keeps moving and is silent they can survive if u ask me.

1 Like

Anything better that isnt just a blinding blue screen.

2 Likes

Yes, tgh thermal vision from Predator and Predator 2 was edited in post processing so it would make sens. Its not easy to get the perfect effect, but the one we have in game right now is just lame and feels so rushed

2 Likes

I think there needs more gameplay mechanics supporting the vision…

I think the predator should see fireteam breathing and hot air coming out of their mouths while they sprint for too long… nothing too serious but if he is like on a tree and they run pass him while running he should see their hot breath.

Not only that i also think that there should be blood stains showing thermals too on the ground…

2 Likes

I just want to be able to jump with thermal and not worry if I’m going to hit a branch or some other small little object I can’t see that will send me flying in a different direction or stop altogether.

3 Likes

Why is this not in game from day one! Thats brilliant

1 Like

They should also try to implement a “heating” mechanic, like a FT that is constatly running builds up heat alot faster and in bigger amount then one that is just jogging or walking.

Also the blood spilling could be a thing.

3 Likes

I mean they added the birds showing thermals lol… so when fireteam alerts the birds they fly away and alert predator if he is looking closely for birds…

So i think they would be up for this micro details too in the game.

1 Like

You have creation kit for F4?

Well, the thermal in the movie was never that good for differentiation. The way they have it here mostly shows what’s the environment, and what’s important. If they are going to make a new vision mode, it should be the natural vision for when the mask is destroyed, that awful red.

1 Like