Possible tweaks for Samurai

I’ve seen a plethora of things regarding the Samurai and even played him a bit, too. For the most part he “looks” neat, but stat-wise, he’s…well not really very useful to play, when compared to the Hunter, which is surprising, as for once, the default char is better than the DLC one.

I’m not going to attack the devs for such a choice, considering that doesn’t really get us anywhere, let’s be honest, but I can offer some possible tweaks that’d fit the whole Samurai aesthetic a bit more.

• For starters, give him the same reduced damage buff as the Hunter and Scout: Unless my History’s bad, and it sometimes is, Samurai are supposed to be capable warriors who serve a Lord dutifully, and handle a slew of foes. As a result, it feels fitting to give him the same reduced bullet damage, so he’s less of a “faster berserker” as some have claimed, and more of an actual warrior. Before one writes this off as another “Pred weak buff please” post, I have some nuances to balance out the proposed idea.

• Keep the reduced speed and stamina, but raise the Gear: This way, the Samurai doesn’t feel like a faster Zerker but, instead, more like a reasonable in-between, and it still makes sense. Again, unless my History’s off, Samurai carried a plethora of tools and weapons to give them an edge against enemies, so it’d make sense to give the Samurai the means to carry more items into the fray to balance out the reduced speed and stamina.

• Different Sounds: This one’s honestly optional, but it’d be a neat change to further hammer home this is a different sort of Pred. Don’t really know what to do to make the Samurai sound different, other than a lower pitch or something, so really, this one isn’t too important.

Hopefully, someone can bump this to Illfonic to see, and don’t hesitate to correct me if my history on Samurai is off.

Last thing, and this is off-topic, but can we tone down the attacks on Illfonic? I get it, we’re not all pleased with the product given, but that’s no excuse to basically skirmish with one another and spew all sorts of things towards the devs. That simply drives away newcomers, and due to where the IP is now, we can’t really afford to let this game fail and fall into obscurity…because let’s face it, do we trust Disney to do a better job, considering they recently absorbed Fox? Because, 9/10, they’ll pass the IP to EA, and then it’ll be far worse.

Thanks for reading this…well essay, and happy hunting!

1 Like